Windows 10: Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away

Discus and support Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the Product Key I had on the old HD. I wanted to upgrade Home on this new SSD using the old Product Key. But MS won't let me install it, saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BruceZo, Dec 4, 2021.

1. BruceZo Win User

Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away

I have the Product Key I had on the old HD. I wanted to upgrade Home on this new SSD using the old Product Key. But MS won't let me install it, saying the Key is wrong. But I have the right one: been using it for several years. Who do I need help from? And please don't say to go back to the Big Box store that caused my problem. Thanks.

:)

BruceZo, Dec 4, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away

Some questions about moving my Windows installation from an old HD to a new HD

My 5 or 6 year old HP desktop is experiencing some severe hardware issues with the hard drive. I've decided that it might be best to keep the basic machine, but replace the old platter hard drive with a SSD drive. I've currently got Windows 10 Professional,
    which I upgraded from Windows 8.* Pro. Bottom line is I have a valid Windows 10 Pro license. So there's a few questions I want to ask, in preparation for doing this.

First question is how do I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license from one old hard drive (a platter drive) to a new SSD drive? I've heard that Microsoft has made this easier, but I still don't know what the steps are.

And how about the data from the apps that we're using? I've got Office 365 Home Edition and have 6 Windows Profiles currently on this machine. What's the best way to migrate them off this old HD to the new SSD?

Doctor-Who, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away

1. Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away - Similar Threads - Tech installed Home

2. Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away: I have the Product Key I had on the old HD. I wanted to upgrade Home on this new SSD using the old Product Key. But MS won't let me install it, saying the Key is wrong. But I have the right one: been using it for several years. Who do I need help from? And please don't say to...
  3. Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tech installed Home instead of my old Pro and threw the old HD away: I have the Product Key I had on the old HD. I wanted to upgrade Home on this new SSD using the old Product Key. But MS won't let me install it, saying the Key is wrong. But I have the right one: been using it for several years. Who do I need help from? And please don't say to...
  4. my old bootdrive stopped working so i threw in my old one (wich is a fully functioning one)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my old bootdrive stopped working so i threw in my old one (wich is a fully functioning one)...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/palm-top-taiga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqfvst/my_old_bootdrive_stopped_working_so_i_threw_in_my/
  5. Accessing folders on old HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing folders on old HD: The harddrive form my old PC has some really important files on it that I have to retrieve. I connected it to my new PC and while it shows up in explorer I cannot accessing my folder due to some permissions thing. I thought I'd boot up from the old harddrive but when I do...
  6. Accidently installed pro instead of home

Accidently installed pro instead of home: HI all a complete newbie here, My problem is that I have installed Windows 10 pro instead of the Home edition, my laptop says I have the digital licence for the Home edition and I need to install Windows 10 Home but I cannot find anywhere for a free download etc, I haven't...
  7. Preparing an old PC to be given away

Preparing an old PC to be given away: I have an old Sony Viao AIO computer that I need to clean before giving it away. Originally it ran Win 7 then upgraded to 8.1 then finally to latest version of Windows 10. If I do a windows reset with option to remove everything and clean the drive, would it restore to latest...
  8. Old Homegroup won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Homegroup won't go away: I have a homegroup that Win 10 insists is still present waiting to be joined, but it's my father's PC's homegroup on a network in a different city that my pc has never visited. (Teamviewer perhaps?) I've tried disabling the peer and homegroup services, but can't make it go...
  9. W10 threw away printer and scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 threw away printer and scanner: I used an HP printer for months after 'upgrading' to windows 10. Suddenly it stopped appearing - apparently after an overnight update. It seems it is an 'old' printer, and I had to go and reload the drivers. Now it works. How can that possibly make any sense - either the...
  10. Installation setup Home instead of Pro.

Installation setup Home instead of Pro.: Today I had to do a clean install of Win10 which I did from a USB with the Win 10 install software on it. When completed the installation I notice it is now running 10 Home. When I run ShowKey it seems that the installation has picked up the original 8.1 OEM key from...