Windows 10: Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. What...

Discus and support Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. What... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. I haven't added any new disks. It is secured and I can't access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gnugs, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Gnugs Win User

Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. What...

Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. I haven't added any new disks. It is secured and I can't access it. I don't know what to do?

:)

Gnugs, Jul 4, 2020
  2. GarySutt Win User

What is it with this win 10 "Update" when I already have Win 10 with updates?

Is MS now updating the updates?

Everything about the window, that mysteriously showed up on my monitor, suggests a move to win 10.

As I said, I already have win 10.

Why doesn't the FAQ questions have: What if I already have win 10, how does this affect me?

GarySutt, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Mystery item in Optimize disks list?

I'm running the Windows 10 defrag manually and am seeing this mysterious entry in the lists of drives:

\\?\Volume{long-hypen-separated-hex-string}

I can't see anyway of identifying what this is (other items are marked with their disk id, C: or D: etc).

This has been there ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 (it did not appear on the Drive list with Windows 8.1 defrag).

Does anyone know what this is and whether it should be there? Is it removable and , if so, how?

Thanks.

Blennerhasset, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. What...

FRAUD tech support downloaded unlicenced software???

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more data for us to better understand the situation. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you schedule a call from our Answer Desk team (Tech Support team)?
    • After they escalated your case, did they transfer you to tier 2 immediately or did they set you up a callback date and time from the tier 2 support?
    • What was your original issue before contacting our Answer Desk team?
    • Do you remember what website did they access to download Windows 10?
    • Which Windows 10 edition were you using before? Was it Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the current edition of Windows 10 that is installed on the computer? To know the edition of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Tech Support helped update Win 10 but left a new mysterious disk that I can't access. What... - Similar Threads - Tech Support helped

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  5. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  6. Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings.....: Dear Anyone. If someone knows of a .PDF or similar tutorial that covers questions as basic as this, please tell me, you'll save a lot of these kind of posts! I know Windows well up to 8 (not 8.1, kinda skipped that one!) Ten's nice till it does something unexpected. I'd...
  7. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tech Support: With the size that Microsoft is, why have I waited 5 hours for them to connect early this afternoon, and now 3 hours to connect to live chat? This is ridiculous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/b4b5f62f-7db8-471c-a2d9-4959aa37640d
  8. what is windows 10 tech support telephone number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is windows 10 tech support telephone number: what is windows 10 tech support telephone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-10-tech-support-telephone-number/569c14e8-7c03-4bad-897f-bc760775ec0e
  9. tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tech support: why does my screen locks me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/bfd891fa-3f76-4add-a576-6b3194aa9af2
  10. Tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tech support: My PC was not updating and I asked for help . I asked for an Agent to do Quick Access and have a look he said OK. Then asked for my first and last name my email address and phone number. This has never happened before I got suspicious and cut him off . Was I right in doing...