Windows 10: Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems

Discus and support Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My motherboard was replaced by ASUS with an identical board. After I put the new board in, I called Microsoft to re-activate. Tech support had me give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spiza americana, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems

My motherboard was replaced by ASUS with an identical board. After I put the new board in, I called Microsoft to re-activate. Tech support had me give them access to my computer to do it themselves. After activation, the Microsoft tech support person said that he noticed that Windows services weren't working and suggested that I re-install Windows 10. He gave instructions to do it myself and told me that I would then need to call back for a new activation number (right now I'm using my Windows 7 key).

I ended up not having time over the next few days. Since my computer was working, I kept delaying following his instructions. It has been a few weeks and my computer is working fine, I haven't noticed any problems with anything. When I go to services, there are only a few of the Automatic Startup services not running: NVIDIA WMI Provider and Intel Security Assist Helper. (My graphics card hasn't been re-installed since the motherboard replacement.)

Seven services are disabled: Open SSH Authentication Agent, Shared PC Account Manager, Remote Registry, Routing and Remote Access, Net.MSMQ Listener Adapter, Microsoft App-V Client.

Should I really go to the trouble of re-installing Windows 10 and re-activating? There was a significant Windows update since my call to tech support. Could that have corrected any problems? Does the service NVIDIA WMI Provider have something to do with my graphics card? If so, could tech support have seen that it wasn't working and not known that the card had not been re-installed?

:)

Spiza americana, Jun 17, 2018

2. Ubuntu installation problem?

@xfire
    I have tried installing to notebook, still have the same problem.
    anyway, thanks for the suggestion. *Smile Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems :)

Rickson Surya, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems

1. Tech Support suggested re-install but I'm not having problems - Similar Threads - Tech Support suggested

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  5. I've been having a problem with a laptop, and tech support wasn't helpful. So I'm turning...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been having a problem with a laptop, and tech support wasn't helpful. So I'm turning...: Sorry if the flair isn't right. So I have a windows 10 laptop with a very old AMD processor and 3gb of ddr3 ram. I upgraded the laptop to have 6gb. I've been trying to fix this laptop for a friend. The laptop was missing track pad drivers but I found 2 compatible...
  6. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tech Support: With the size that Microsoft is, why have I waited 5 hours for them to connect early this afternoon, and now 3 hours to connect to live chat? This is ridiculous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/b4b5f62f-7db8-471c-a2d9-4959aa37640d
  7. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tech Support: Hello tech savvy friends, I come to you in a time of great need. Recently during a gaming session on steam, my computer froze up. Afterwards it booted up normal, but I found that one of my hard drives was inaccessible. My F: drive was marked as F:\? with a blue question mark...
  8. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech Support: Does anyone have a phone # for Tech Support IN the United States ONLY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/058f5907-61d4-4984-81e8-c780d446304d
  9. tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tech support: why does my screen locks me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/bfd891fa-3f76-4add-a576-6b3194aa9af2
  10. Tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tech support: My PC was not updating and I asked for help . I asked for an Agent to do Quick Access and have a look he said OK. Then asked for my first and last name my email address and phone number. This has never happened before I got suspicious and cut him off . Was I right in doing...