Windows 10: teching Cortana a new command "Close"

Discus and support teching Cortana a new command "Close" in Cortana to solve the problem; I am trying to get Cortana to perform a task, "Close" a running task or more specifically "Close Firefox" and the tutorial says it must be able to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by johnkoppms, Feb 27, 2020.

1. teching Cortana a new command "Close"

I am trying to get Cortana to perform a task, "Close" a running task or more specifically "Close Firefox" and the tutorial says it must be able to exist in a .bat file. From what I see there is no way to do this.

Am I correct and there is no way to close a running app?

Thank you

:)

johnkoppms, Feb 27, 2020
  2. AlphaUMi Win User

Closing Cortana with a voice command

Edwin, thank you for the suggestion of double pressing the Windows key, I will use this because is more practical than reach the "X" button. I hope Microsoft will add a proper command for closing Cortana after she has completed a task.

AlphaUMi, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Cortana Command

Hi,

Commanding Cortana to perform the sleep function is possible. You can use Cortana to command a device to go to sleep mode by creating a shortcut for the sleep function. Follow these steps to do:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click inside the Programs folder and then select the New Shortcut option.
    • In the location field, type the following: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    • Name it Sleep.
    • To test if the function is already working, say "Hey Cortana, open Sleep".

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

teching Cortana a new command "Close"

Closing Cortana with a voice command

The correct phrase would be: "Hey Cortana, close Cortana"

Alternatively, you could say "Hey Cortana...", if she listens but doesn't receive a command within a few seconds, she will close automatically.

Or, you can press the Windows Key rapidly twice.

Edwin, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

teching Cortana a new command "Close"

1. teching Cortana a new command "Close" - Similar Threads - teching Cortana command

2. Cortana won't close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana won't close: So my cortana will NOT Close at all this frustrating error keeps coming up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-close/1f8b37fd-df40-44a7-902e-d3723ff62464
  3. Cortana won't close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana won't close: So my cortana will NOT Close at all this frustrating error keeps coming up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-close/1f8b37fd-df40-44a7-902e-d3723ff62464
  4. Cortana auto-close after command is done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana auto-close after command is done.: Can I somehow get the little Cortana window to auto-close itself after the given command is executed.For example, when I say "play some music", I get "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." as a answer. Yes the command was bad but why wont the window go away. I have to...
  5. Cortana auto-close after command is done.

Cortana auto-close after command is done.: Can I somehow get the little Cortana window to auto-close itself after the given command is executed.For example, when I say "play some music", I get "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." as a answer. Yes the command was bad but why wont the window go away. I have to...
  6. Cortana won't close

in Cortana
    Cortana won't close: If I press the close button, and then press Alt+Tab, it's still there. Must be a bug in 2004 update. Or is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-close/a7662b02-9e4a-41f9-8999-43c7a4d14c6e
  7. Cortana commands

in Cortana
    Cortana commands: Simple question: Can cortana even do something as simple as switching between open Apps? I mean, it can launch an app (but not close it &#55356;�‍♂️)… It can start playing music on a preferred player, pause music, and even pause and resume youtube videos.... But for the life...
  8. Cortana still opens with my "Hey Cortana" command but closes a moment later regardless of...

in Cortana
    Cortana still opens with my "Hey Cortana" command but closes a moment later regardless of...: I am using a new Logitech Webcam which works fine with Google and voice commands. I have refreshed my Microsoft account, I have tried all suggestions provided including Task Manager restart, Powershell (Admin) commands and a Windows 10 reload...nothing helps. I may have to...
  9. Closing Cortana with a voice command

Closing Cortana with a voice command: Hi! I would like to ask someone more informed than me, or members of the insider program, if there are plans or rumors about adding this feature to Cortana: ability to close her with a voice command. Something like "Thank you" or "See ya" would be very nice and useful!!!...
  10. ITT Tech Closing

in Windows 10 News
    ITT Tech Closing: Not sure where to put this, but I know many people have used/are using ITT tech as their learning institution for computer sciences so you may be interested to know ITT Tech is shutting down nation wide (U.S.).... In late August, the U.S. Department of Education barred...