Windows 10: Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset

Discus and support Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I've seen this problem around various forums but cannot find a solution - after attempting a reset, a pop up would appear while attempting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthCoel, Mar 31, 2020.

1. AnthCoel Win User

Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset

Hi there,

I've seen this problem around various forums but cannot find a solution - after attempting a reset, a pop up would appear while attempting to install windows, the pop up being " The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error ", after which it would ask to restart with an "ok " confirmation - this was a loop, as after clicking ok the pop up would appear again later -

I saw a solution posted being;

Open Command line -

setup > status > childcompletion > setup > value data = 1 , change to 3

After doing so, my laptop is in a constant state of restarting and can no longer open the command line, it starts with the HP logo and " preparing ", followed by a blue screen install screen that appears for a second stuck at 64%, the two screens flicking back and forth.

I've read that you can enter a safe mode by turning the power off and on 3 times but this doesn't appear to be working.

The laptop is a HP Pavilion, model 14-ce0593sa, running windows 10 64 bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im stumped, thanks

:)

AnthCoel, Mar 31, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Technical Difficulties are happening tonight

I seem to be having technical difficulties tonight. My phone is having delayed messages through Facebook Messenger and my laptop says it wasn't fully up to date. I don't understand as I am always on top of keeping all of my computers up to date. It's supposed to be set to Automatic Updates anyways. Below is the screenshot of what my computer said. In regards to the phone, I was told by a friend that she was experiencing delayed messages through Facebook Messenger as well. She said the software on these iPhones always get buggy when they are about to release a software update such as iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11.

Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset

Computer restarts when I sign in

Hi Joe,

There are several possible reasons why your computer constantly reboots whenever you attempted to sign in. This could be caused by the recent update or due to system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What was the update installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset

1. Technical difficulties - Computer constantly restarting after attempting a reset - Similar Threads - Technical difficulties Computer

2. Windows Reset - Constant Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset - Constant Restarting: Hi,I have a 2015 HP Notebook. 2TB. i5 processor. I recently performed complete factory reset including dataThe laptop started to restore, unfortunately the battery then died. Now for the last 2 weeks every time I turn it on, it constantly restarts alternates between black...
  3. Computer constantly restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly restarting: Hi! Hoping someone can help as I have a windows 11 PC that will randomly restart with no consistent reason as to why. I saw some old posts regarding someone asking for a zip folder of minidump files so I've provided a link....
  4. Computer constantly restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer constantly restarting: Hi! Hoping someone can help as I have a windows 11 PC that will randomly restart with no consistent reason as to why. I saw some old posts regarding someone asking for a zip folder of minidump files so I've provided a link....
  5. Constant crashes after reset attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes after reset attempt: Trying to come off insider build because of crashes it appears the reset has failed. It got to 98% and crashed and now I can't use reset it won't connect I can't use safe mode it crashes I can't get into anything to diagnose the issue or run a disccheck if it does get to...
  6. Constant crashes after reset attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes after reset attempt: Trying to come off insider build because of crashes it appears the reset has failed. It got to 98% and crashed and now I can't use reset it won't connect I can't use safe mode it crashes I can't get into anything to diagnose the issue or run a disccheck if it does get to...
  7. Technical difficulties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical difficulties: Google is the main system I use on my laptop. I use it for youtube, games, work, etc. Every time I open google after powering off my laptop it is normal for a few seconds, then kicks me right off. Then, it opens google right back up, but all my tabs and things are closed. I...
  8. Technical Difficulties Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical Difficulties Audio: It happened a few days back. The problem should be somewhat common according to the number of people trying to fix the problem. I also read in an article that the audio problems might have been caused by an update. Its 2020 though, could it really be because of the update?...
  9. my store is having a technical difficulties

in Windows 10 Customization
    my store is having a technical difficulties: my store is having a technical difficulties. I can't download anything from my store,so help me solve my problem.thinks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-store-is-having-a-technical-difficulties/b2a38ce8-63e3-4823-bff2-6aa350e2ba39
  10. Technical Difficulties are happening tonight

in Windows 10 Support
    Technical Difficulties are happening tonight: I seem to be having technical difficulties tonight. My phone is having delayed messages through Facebook Messenger and my laptop says it wasn't fully up to date. I don't understand as I am always on top of keeping all of my computers up to date. It's supposed to be set to...