Windows 10: Technical question about updates for more than 1 month

Discus and support Technical question about updates for more than 1 month in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In order to save time and hassle I update my old laptop by downloading update packages from the catalog website on my PC and transferring the files on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DHsurrey, Oct 14, 2018.

1. DHsurrey Win User

Technical question about updates for more than 1 month

In order to save time and hassle I update my old laptop by downloading update packages from the catalog website on my PC and transferring the files on to its hard drive and running them.

I have now got 2 months of updates to do which means: cumulative KB4456655 for September and KB4464330 for October, so I assume that the September should be done then the October one - but - what if I just do the October one and miss out September to save even more time, will that work with a cumulative update?

*I will of course be doing the 'Malicious software removal tool' updates in the correct order as well along with Office updates

:)

DHsurrey, Oct 14, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Technical question about updates for more than 1 month :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
  4. Technical question about updates for more than 1 month

my computer..technical question

Hi Gunter,

This issue might have occurred due to an incompatible graphics driver on your computer. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you send a
      screenshot
      of the issue that you are having on your monitor?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your display settings prior to this issue?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you update the graphics driver on your PC by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . It is also included on the article that if Windows doesn't find new driver, you can check your device manufacturer's website for the latest driver. If updating the graphics driver didn't work, try reinstalling
    the driver by going through Device Manager.

Respond to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Janeane Cru, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Technical question about updates for more than 1 month

1. Technical question about updates for more than 1 month - Similar Threads - Technical question updates

2. Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and last update I did, was on 17th February. Problem is; since that 17th February, I can't delay updates more than 24th March. This is barely a little more than 30 days. It should be at least 90 days, and I know that with Pro version you could...
  3. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  4. installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1

installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1: i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to...
  5. My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...

My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...: Some times showing downloading. Some times showing installing, Then showing getting things ready, This is continuing more than 1 month. I can not able to update version 1903,...
  6. Comment more than question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comment more than question: I like many others am tired of receiving the innocuous message that I am not the true Administrator of my PC and this privilege and or function is being denied Google this phrase "cmd prompt administrator windows 10" all your problems will be over, follow instruction...
  7. Update annoying more than a month.

Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....
  8. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71
  9. scanning more than 1 document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687
  10. About these daily windows 10 updates...more a question than a rant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About these daily windows 10 updates...more a question than a rant: I really like Win10 Pro and after a few months of testing, I've swung one of my laptops completely over to it. In the course of testing various programs over the months, I installed my own old Office Xp from 2002. Actually, just Word and Excel since I use those once in a...