Windows 10: Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement.

Discus and support Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new hp envy laptop with windows 10, whenever I make a left click with the trackpad and immediately move after the click, the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by apleccca, Sep 11, 2021.

1. apleccca Win User

Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement.

I got a new hp envy laptop with windows 10, whenever I make a left click with the trackpad and immediately move after the click, the cursor teleports/jumps to a little bit above, its a very obvious teleport not even just a really fast motion. It happens every time and it's MADDENING! How can I fix it or is this **** built into all these new laptops? Also my old/current laptop, a samsung laptop from like 2017 does not have this issue with the touchpad/cursor, which also ran windows

:)

apleccca, Sep 11, 2021
  2. Mooly Win User

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

That sounds like a more deep seated issue, perhaps something you have installed is intermittently running and using all available resources.

It may be worth you opening Task Manager (Press Ctrl > Shift >Esc together) and see if anything unusual appears. This shows task manager, the spike was when I opened it, all is quiet afterwards. If you have lots of CPU or Disk activity then click the appropriate item and see what is using all the resources. You can also view the 'Processes' tab in Task Manager which will list what is using what.

Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement. [​IMG]

Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement. [​IMG]

Mooly, Sep 11, 2021
  3. FlynnMEB Win User
    Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports

Hello! Recently I have started to have a problem with my laptop where even as I am not touching anything, my cursor will randomly flash around my screen. By consulting similar questions that people have asked in the past I tried disabling my touchpad, touchscreen,
    and turned off my Bluetooth mouse all at once, yet I could still see my cursor jumping. Additionally, I have accessed BIOS and booted my laptop in safe mode, and in both of these cases everything worked perfectly. This caused me to believe it to be a software
    issue, so I downloaded the Windows update I had available, and when that did not work I factory reset my laptop. However, while the problem appeared to have fixed itself then, now the next day, my cursor continues to teleport around the screen. While I did
    back up some of my documents and pictures on a drive and put them back on the laptop when the reset was finished, I do not see how any of them could cause this issue. All in all, I am very confused and would like any advice to try and fix my laptop.

FlynnMEB, Sep 11, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement.

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Technical request for help. Cursor teleports after a click followed by movement. - Similar Threads - Technical request help

2. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  3. Cursor keeps teleporting onto the Notifications tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor keeps teleporting onto the Notifications tab: Randomly, my cursor will suddenly teleport onto the Notifications tab on the very bottom right of the screen. At first, I thought this was an issue with Onedrive as there was a notification that the Onedrive storage was full, but this was not the case as it will teleport my...
  4. Cursor keeps teleporting onto the Notifications tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor keeps teleporting onto the Notifications tab: Randomly, my cursor will suddenly teleport onto the Notifications tab on the very bottom right of the screen. At first, I thought this was an issue with Onedrive as there was a notification that the Onedrive storage was full, but this was not the case as it will teleport my...
  5. Cursor keeps teleporting onto the Notifications tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Mouse Cursor movement issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor movement issues.: So, when I use my mouse for video games, like Overwatch or TF2, and I try to move my mouse fast it moves fast for a second, than it slows down the sensitivity where it looks like I'm spinning slowly, than it stops at where it was supposed to. the issue is that it goes slow...
  7. Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports

Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports: Hello! Recently I have started to have a problem with my laptop where even as I am not touching anything, my cursor will randomly flash around my screen. By consulting similar questions that people have asked in the past I tried disabling my touchpad, touchscreen, and turned...
  8. Touchpad confuses cursor movement for a request to scroll (very sensitive scrolling)

Touchpad confuses cursor movement for a request to scroll (very sensitive scrolling): Hello, I have a Lenovo G50-45 80E3 running Windows 10. For background, every once in a while, my two-finger scrolling stops working out of the blue and will not respond to toggling off/on in the mouse advanced settings, etc. A restart always fixes this. Recently the...
  9. technical help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    technical help: There are no administrator admin accounts on my PC and i need one to download the stuff i need. I'm not able to change my own account to admin since i need a admin account on my PC to do it. is there anything i can do to fix this? Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of...
  10. Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement: Hi, The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as...