Windows 10: Technical Support Scammers

Discus and support Technical Support Scammers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it safe click "call me back" or "schedule a call" under the pop up that says "Talk to a person" after I click "get help" when I go to Update Issues?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RolandPhillips, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Technical Support Scammers

Is it safe click "call me back" or "schedule a call" under the pop up that says "Talk to a person" after I click "get help" when I go to Update Issues? The last time I did that, a lady with a foreign accent took me to a sight that prompted a "share my screen", giving her access to my pc and took control over my mousse...it didn't solve the problem & she rescheduled a call back time to go on to "phase 2.

:)

RolandPhillips, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Technical Support Scammers [​IMG]

Borg 386, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    scammers fake support

Hi thomaspitts1,

please explain the issue in more detail.

microsoft will not phone you to tell you that you need support

Microsoft will not email you to tell you that you need support

Microsoft will not hijack your browser with a page telling you that you need support.

Microsoft will not post phone numbers in the forum suggesting you call

If you have seen any of those then your title is correct they are scammers.

Martmcd, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Dano_y2k2 Win User

Technical Support Scammers

Hello Community;

Scammers are at it again. This time a robotic voice claims your Windows license will expire in 48 hours and that your I.P. address is compromised. You will be directed to press 1 to speak to someone. I got 3 of those calls in the last couple of hours. I
    pressed 1 to get some more info, just to report them, but the call ends after a couple of beeps. I do not have caller id on my landline so I cannot say where the number came from.

Dano_y2k2, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Technical Support Scammers - Similar Threads - Technical Support Scammers

2. technical support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    technical support: hey i keep getting kernal 41 erros and my pc keeps randomly restarting for the last month ive done clean windows installs and taken my pc to a qualified pc repairer and he said there were no issues with my hardware. below are my specs and event viewer logSPECS: I9 10900KF64GB...
  3. technical support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    technical support: hey i keep getting kernal 41 erros and my pc keeps randomly restarting for the last month ive done clean windows installs and taken my pc to a qualified pc repairer and he said there were no issues with my hardware. below are my specs and event viewer logSPECS: I9 10900KF64GB...
  4. Technical Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Technical Support: Hi I need help with Windows 2019 activation on my machine, I have the product key but still unable to activate the license on machine.Need assistance on this request.RegardsSandeep...
  5. Technical Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Technical Support: Hi I need help with Windows 2019 activation on my machine, I have the product key but still unable to activate the license on machine.Need assistance on this request.RegardsSandeep...
  6. Technical Support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical Support: How can anyone contact and speak to someone on the phone for technical help? As of now this is the worst customer service I've ever seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-support/7e175f24-fae4-495b-b4c4-6a9fa91a5953
  7. Technical Support

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Technical Support: PLEASE HELP! My brothers PC fans and cpu fan is still on even after shutdown. Happened yesterday and again today. I'm afraid to hold the power button because when I tried that yesterday the pc fans shut off except for the cpu fan. I had to shut it down via power switch on the...
  8. Technical Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Technical Support: After I did reset in microsoft store, there is no store in my laptop. And, I tried to install windows 10, it says installation error. I tried to create ISO file this also did not work, my photos and videos do not open, what the hell is happening?...
  9. Technical Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Technical Support: What is the easiest way to either convert all the folders & files in Windows (C:) to their original default settings or convert them to display as large thumbnails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-support/3e13cc7d-5488-480d-a903-2aeacc89cf2b"
  10. Technical support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical support: i have tried all the solutions in the world to fix disk usage of 100% in windows 10 pro and i have totally failed. I have tried everything.. please kindly help me :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-support/b700e46b-b531-4894-9f1c-2d0240308bf4