Windows 10: Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

Discus and support Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having technical issues with my media player not working/videos not playing. This error just came up. Undefined Error Code" Append_Buffer_Err... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeatherJoynt, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

Having technical issues with my media player not working/videos not playing. This error just came up.

Undefined

Error Code" Append_Buffer_Err

Failed to execute appendBuffer or SourceBuffer: The HTML MediaElement. error is not null.

Any clue what I should do.

:)

HeatherJoynt, Dec 17, 2018
  2. nokuzer Win User

No songs or videos in Media player

I have over 1200 songs and about 40 videos, some in phone memory and some in Sd card in my N900. The only way I can play them is to go to the file mgr and bring'em 1 by 1. Same with my videos. Any suggestions is appreciated in advance for getting my media
    into the media player so that it s easier to play them and be able to create play list.

nokuzer, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Unable to play videos in Windows media player or any media player after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What is the format of the video that you are trying to play?

• Were you able to play the Videos in Media Player before upgrading?

• Do you receive any error when trying to play the videos in Media Player?

• Do you receive any error when trying to watch the videos in Edge?
    For video issue in Edge, I suggest you to check if Adobe flash player is enabled. Refer to the article below:

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

1. Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing - Similar Threads - Technical Trouble Media

2. Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.: Hi,How do you get Windows 10 to automatically play a video full screen on the 2nd display monitor? I have a presentation to do and loads of videos, interspersed with PPT and Docs shown from OpenLP but OpenLP isn't great at handling videos, so I need to queue the videos up on...
  3. Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play a Video automatically on Media Player on the 2nd monitor.: Hi,How do you get Windows 10 to automatically play a video full screen on the 2nd display monitor? I have a presentation to do and loads of videos, interspersed with PPT and Docs shown from OpenLP but OpenLP isn't great at handling videos, so I need to queue the videos up on...
  4. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  5. Windows Media Player fails to play the full video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player fails to play the full video: I run a youtube channel and I'm trying to set one of the videos to be 'made for kids'...its a mental health based channel so it's a gud thing..I downloaded the video and tried to watch on windows media player. I watched until 50ish minutes out of the total of 70 ish minutes....
  6. Windows Media Player fails to play the full video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player fails to play the full video: I run a youtube channel and I'm trying to set one of the videos to be 'made for kids'...its a mental health based channel so it's a gud thing..I downloaded the video and tried to watch on windows media player. I watched until 50ish minutes out of the total of 70 ish minutes....
  7. Problem playing older videos on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem playing older videos on Windows Media Player: Hello I have a large number of videos from years past stored on a portable hard drive, which always used to play on Windows Media Player on my computer with no problem. However, now when I plug this portable hard drive into my computer and try to play these videos, Windows...
  8. Trouble playing video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble playing video: So I uploaded a video from my phone samsung galaxy s9, and the screen is black, and only the audio plays. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-playing-video/e4270309-d5e3-4baf-baa4-1aebaadb602f"
  9. Trying to play an uploaded video with Windows Media Player

Trying to play an uploaded video with Windows Media Player: When I try the same error message keeps coming up! What does 'server execution failed' mean? and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-play-an-uploaded-video-with-windows/c1d0fb31-f31a-483d-bbf8-4177288d5aad
  10. Media Player wont play ANY video files

Media Player wont play ANY video files: Plays music files but not video file No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it. Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. Downloaded and installed directx files as usual. Event viewer shows - System - Provider [ Name] Application...