Windows 10: Teeny tiny fonts on desktop, tabs &c but regular adjustable fonts elsewhere

Discus and support Teeny tiny fonts on desktop, tabs &c but regular adjustable fonts elsewhere in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Adjusting fonts by - Go to Settings > System > Display - ONLY adjusts the fonts in some areas ie: the menu picture above. The tiny fonts CANNOT be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daisy 8, May 20, 2024.

1. Daisy 8 Win User

Teeny tiny fonts on desktop, tabs &c but regular adjustable fonts elsewhere

Adjusting fonts by - Go to Settings > System > Display - ONLY adjusts the fonts in some areas ie: the menu picture above. The tiny fonts CANNOT be changed with any of the normal DISPLAY choices. Areas such as the menu above I CAN adjust way up to way down. The teeny tiny fonts as under the icons above & tabs throughout programs on this computer. The icons are also tiny AND can't be adjusted up to what a median icon usually is.Windows 11, Lenovo Yoga, Intel i7. All Microsoft updates installed.

:)

Daisy 8, May 20, 2024
  2. LilaBruce Win User

windows 10 font too small

I appreciate your suggestion. But that doesn't help the toolbars, menu, and other OS fonts. Example: Time and Date on bottom toolbar is teeny tiny. Even if customization is used, that font remains tiny.

LilaBruce, May 20, 2024
  3. Desktop Icon labels - Changed to teeny-tiny font after update

Yesterday I was subject to an automatic W10 update. It took about 20 minutes to finish, and afterwards the labels on my desktop icons were an such a tiny font that they were just barely legible. The same thing happened with the
    Open Office word processor and spreadsheet. I recall encountering (a few weeks ago) some settings that allowed me to alter many of the user interface parameters (including fonts), but this was so far in the past that I can't remember how to get back to those
    settings.

Any suggestions?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, May 20, 2024
  4. dlross Win User

Teeny tiny font

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. Sort of randomly the "pop up" screen font on my system changes to a very small size. The easiest place to notice this is the date pop up when hovering over the time on sys tray. I've attached snips of the tiny and normal fonts.

This is easy to "fix" by going to display settings, changing magnification to anything else and then changing it back, but eventually it gets reset to the small font. All else seems normal. It would be nice to understand what's happening and a way to fix.

Running Win 10 Pro 64b, 1909 with Feb updates (Version 10.0.18363) on a Surface Pro 7 with Intel Iris Plus graphics.

dlross, May 20, 2024
Thema:

1. Teeny tiny fonts on desktop, tabs &c but regular adjustable fonts elsewhere - Similar Threads - Teeny tiny fonts

2. Teeny tiny fonts on desktop, tabs &c but regular adjustable fonts elsewhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teeny tiny fonts on desktop, tabs &c but regular adjustable fonts elsewhere: Adjusting fonts by - Go to Settings > System > Display - ONLY adjusts the fonts in some areas ie: the menu picture above. The tiny fonts CANNOT be changed with any of the normal DISPLAY choices. Areas such as the menu above I CAN adjust way up to way down. The teeny tiny...
  3. Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny: I've seen this question all over the place - nobody answers it successfully.I got the Microsoft "blue screen/sad face" and when I logged in again the font was SUPER, SUPER TINY.I was able to "fix" the font on various websites using the "scale" and "text size" slider bar but...
  4. Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny

Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny: I've seen this question all over the place - nobody answers it successfully.I got the Microsoft "blue screen/sad face" and when I logged in again the font was SUPER, SUPER TINY.I was able to "fix" the font on various websites using the "scale" and "text size" slider bar but...
  5. Arial font regular disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial font regular disappeared: I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font which is also a default font for programs like R and Outlook. In trying to fix this, I went to Settings > Fonts > Arial, and discovered that the Regular face...
  6. Teeny tiny font

in Windows 10 Support
    Teeny tiny font: Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. Sort of randomly the "pop up" screen font on my system changes to a very small size. The easiest place to notice this is the date pop up when hovering over the time on sys tray. I've attached snips of the tiny and normal...
  7. Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....: I am using Thunderbird mail client version 72.0b2 (32 bit) and the font is really small. I can;t figure out how to make it bigger and any add-ons say they are not compatible with this version of Thunderbird. I first tried version 68.3.1 but ran into the same problem. I use...
  8. Helvetica Regular Font

Helvetica Regular Font: In Chrome I posted this problem to Microsoft Microsoft how do you remove Helvetica Neue from my pc. the stupid OS decided to automatically throw it into Google Chrome and Firefox displaying the font in all major websites such as eBay or Facebook. It has become annoying, and...
  9. Tiny font on folders/apps

Tiny font on folders/apps: My new HP laptop has tiny fonts on all folders/apps/docs when I view. It's like it's trying to fit them all on one screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiny-font-on-foldersapps/555cb13b-fabb-47cd-8a93-09a8493064bf
  10. Font size tiny in Apps

Font size tiny in Apps: Hi, Do we have a fix for this problem in windows 190 yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-tiny-in-apps/19710069-f8de-48db-93a6-697afc662673