Windows 10: Tehcnically unable to be an administrator on my machine

Discus and support Tehcnically unable to be an administrator on my machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Skype continues to run, no matter what - every time I log in. Microsoft, purposely, obfuscate any available control over the app, so they can,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by travelmaps, May 5, 2019.

1. Tehcnically unable to be an administrator on my machine

Skype continues to run, no matter what - every time I log in.

Microsoft, purposely, obfuscate any available control over the app, so they can, impotently, pretend that it isn't demonstrable-garbage.

If you attempt to do something, totally-ridiculous, like deleting the permanently-useless waste of: intellect, oxygen, electricity, man-hours, space, time and will-to-live...

Windows informs you that you're stupid and can't, possibly, know the implications of wearing the INFINITY GAUNTLET.

(If you respond to tell me how to remove it from the system tray, aka HIDE it, I would welcome you to reread what I just wrote and, actually, comprehend)

Is it technically possible to, actually, be an administrator of my own machine - in Windows 10?

Since MS, clearly, need help here:

ad·min·is·tra·tor
    /ədˈminəˌstrādər/
    noun
    noun: administrator; plural noun: administrators
    1. a person responsible for running a business, organization, etc.

:)

travelmaps, May 5, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 5, 2019
  3. Administrator privileges

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: If this issue is confined to all the files and folders in your computer then,

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: If the issue is confined to particular folder or file then follow the below steps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 5, 2019
  4. Tehcnically unable to be an administrator on my machine

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Tehcnically unable to be an administrator on my machine

1. Tehcnically unable to be an administrator on my machine - Similar Threads - Tehcnically unable administrator

2. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install certificate on my machine.: Hi,I'm trying to install a certificate and Simphony software on my machine.But I'm facing an error while installing the certificate. It goes like - "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following : Personal Information Exchange."I also...
  3. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install certificate on my machine.: Hi,I'm trying to install a certificate and Simphony software on my machine.But I'm facing an error while installing the certificate. It goes like - "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following : Personal Information Exchange."I also...
  4. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. unable to sign in as an administrator.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to sign in as an administrator.: Dear Team, I am unable to reset my laptop, getting a message to sign in as an administrator but unable to find the option to log in as an administrator. Kindly help. RegardsAlina Shah...
  6. Unable to login to Machine.

Unable to login to Machine.: Hello Team, I am unable to login to my machine. I get error : Windows couldn`t connect to the Group Policy Client service. My machine is Joined to Domain. Please Help me resolve this problem. Regards, Rakesh...
  7. Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrators issue on windows 10 machine: Hello Microsoft, its staff, and people. Today i was hit by a problem i cant understand. I tried everything i could to solve it but in the end i have the same problem. Problem is : every time i want to run a program as an administrator it would give me the following error:...
  8. Unable to log into my Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to log into my Windows 10 machine: I have a machine that I use to run Plex on, it usually runs for weeks at a time. I had to restart it today but I don't seem to be able to log into it any more. It usually runs without a monitor, keyboard or mouse attached and I access it via RDP if I need to do anything on...
  9. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

Unable to "Run as Administrator": I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP. My problem is that all the update are failing with error 0x8007002. I'm unable to stop the "Windows Update" service. I get a User...
  10. Unable to log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in as administrator: I am unable to log in as Administrator. I tried everything I knew but nothing worked. I am know unable to install/uninstall any software. I shall be grateful for any help from somebody....