Windows 10: Telegram app crashes

Discus and support Telegram app crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; dictum9 raised an issue with Telegram crashing in Windows 10 . I followed dictum9's entire thread and it seems that the problem was not resolved. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by emager, Sep 5, 2019.

1. emager Win User

Telegram app crashes

dictum9 raised an issue with Telegram crashing in Windows 10 . I followed dictum9's entire thread and it seems that the problem was not resolved. I think I have the same problem. I am running Windows 10 version 1809. In my case I open up the Telegram app and am unable to click on anything on the screen. Instead I end up activating whatever is open in another window behind the Telegram window. It's like the system doesn't see or react to the open Telegram window. If Ijust close the app and restart it off my Task bar it does not solve the problem. I need to kill the process in Task Manger and re-open Telegram by clicking on the Taskbar icon.

Ant suggestions beyond what was offered to dictum9?

:)

emager, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

telegram messenger crashes - Application Hang code 1002

Hi dictum9,

First suggestion that you can try is run Telegram app in Administrator mode and see if it helps. The app might be having some processes restricted and causes the crashes, hence, running it as Administrator might help.

Another suggestion is to run Telegram in compatibility mode. The compatibility mode also works with modern apps or program, and this could either help solve the issue or it may also give us any clearer evidence through error messages, so try it out and see
    if it helps.

Respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Mark Isi, Sep 5, 2019
  3. dictum Win User
    Eraser broke my Telegram app

I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else malfunctioned on that system and I have other messengers like Skype, viber, whatsapp, Signal.

Turns out the issue was this app called Eraser, the secure file delete utility. It was somehow interfering with the Telegram messenger and freezing it every 20 minutes. I tried to register & post on their forum to no avail. It's really buggy.
    Just FYI

The original thread I started here:

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error - Windows 10 Forums

dictum, Sep 5, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Telegram app crashes

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Telegram app crashes

1. Telegram app crashes - Similar Threads - Telegram app crashes

2. Telegram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  3. Telegram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  4. Telegram download option not showing

Telegram download option not showing: first of all I download telegram nd then uninstalled then I download telegram not showing download option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-download-option-not-showing/a877891d-b02e-4939-b3f0-704b0e852566
  5. Telegram not displaying my phone contacts who use telegram

Telegram not displaying my phone contacts who use telegram: Hi, I am on Telegram Android 8.5.0 using Galaxy A10. Two days ago I uninstalled and reinstalled Telegram. Then, when I try "Invite Friends", my phone contacts all appear as if they are not on Telegram. Each one has their name displayed and their telephone number below it....
  6. Telegram desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telegram desktop: I was surfing on telegram desktop, suddenly it got blank out and since then it is opening. What should I do to reopen it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-desktop/5cbb7377-f05d-4c10-80f0-d23b74af9d0a
  7. How to open URL:Telegram link in telegram app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to open URL:Telegram link in telegram app: Hi. I installed Google chrome and when I'm trying open URL:Telegram link in browser nothing happened. I tried change settings in "Choose default apps by protocol " but can't switch URL:Telegram link to portable telegram app there only M$ Store apps. How to fix it?...
  8. Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB: Hey, Earlier I could download multiple big files from Telegram at the same time. After the update of the app, say if it is a 2GB file, download reaches 100 mb or 300 mb and the whole app crashes. This issue is the same with Telegram desktop app from the store and also the...
  9. telegram app on desctop

telegram app on desctop: struggling to install a program on my laptop need to add device first telegram desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-app-on-desctop/3a5f2aa9-df1d-47d6-bac3-58a20e74763a
  10. Eraser broke my Telegram app

Eraser broke my Telegram app: I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. telegram crashes on tablet blank screen