Windows 10: Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB

Discus and support Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, Earlier I could download multiple big files from Telegram at the same time. After the update of the app, say if it is a 2GB file, download... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SuhailRasheed, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:37 AM.

1. Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB

Hey,

Earlier I could download multiple big files from Telegram at the same time. After the update of the app, say if it is a 2GB file, download reaches 100 mb or 300 mb and the whole app crashes. This issue is the same with Telegram desktop app from the store and also the one from their website. What is this issue?

Device specs: Processor- IntelR CoreTM i3- 4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70GHz

RAM- 4.00GB

64 bit OS, x64-based processor

Please find me a solution.

***Original title: App Crashes***

:)

SuhailRasheed, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:37 AM
  2. emager Win User

Telegram app crashes

dictum9 raised an issue with Telegram crashing in Windows 10 . I followed dictum9's entire thread and it seems that the problem was not resolved. I think I have the same problem. I am running Windows 10 version 1809. In my case I open up the Telegram app
    and am unable to click on anything on the screen. Instead I end up activating whatever is open in another window behind the Telegram window. It's like the system doesn't see or react to the open Telegram window. If Ijust close the app and restart it off
    my Task bar it does not solve the problem. I need to kill the process in Task Manger and re-open Telegram by clicking on the Taskbar icon.

Ant suggestions beyond what was offered to dictum9?

3. dictum Win User
    Eraser broke my Telegram app

I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else malfunctioned on that system and I have other messengers like Skype, viber, whatsapp, Signal.

Turns out the issue was this app called Eraser, the secure file delete utility. It was somehow interfering with the Telegram messenger and freezing it every 20 minutes. I tried to register & post on their forum to no avail. It's really buggy.
    Just FYI

The original thread I started here:

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error - Windows 10 Forums

4. Mark Isi Win User

Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB

telegram messenger crashes - Application Hang code 1002

Hi dictum9,

First suggestion that you can try is run Telegram app in Administrator mode and see if it helps. The app might be having some processes restricted and causes the crashes, hence, running it as Administrator might help.

Another suggestion is to run Telegram in compatibility mode. The compatibility mode also works with modern apps or program, and this could either help solve the issue or it may also give us any clearer evidence through error messages, so try it out and see
    if it helps.

Respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Thema:

Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB

1. Telegram app crashing while downloading files above 2GB - Similar Threads - Telegram app crashing

2. App is stuck while Downloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App is stuck while Downloading: Hi While downloading apps from Microsoft Store it stuck. It is not downloading. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-stuck-while-downloading/e56f29a9-a68a-4dc9-bc66-4e3b48981a73"
  3. Telegram app crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Telegram app crashes: dictum9 raised an issue with Telegram crashing in Windows 10 . I followed dictum9's entire thread and it seems that the problem was not resolved. I think I have the same problem. I am running Windows 10 version 1809. In my case I open up the Telegram app and am unable to...
  4. Windows Crashed while Downloading Game and Causes Storage Problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Crashed while Downloading Game and Causes Storage Problems.: Windows Crashed while downloading ARK: Survival Evolved and now It says I need to restart the entire download but the content from before the crash is now stuck on my PC. Any help with removing the dead space would be appreciated....
  5. telegram app on desctop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    telegram app on desctop: struggling to install a program on my laptop need to add device first telegram desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-app-on-desctop/3a5f2aa9-df1d-47d6-bac3-58a20e74763a
  6. Eraser broke my Telegram app

Eraser broke my Telegram app: I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else...
  7. Windows apps stuck in que while downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows apps stuck in que while downloading: I have noticed that on my start menu in Windows 10 there are a bunch of apps that are currently stuck in que showing the following words a great app is on the way. However they have been like this for many days now. I don't know how to fix this...
  8. Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c: So the thing is that i dont get any BSOD now (but in the start i had a few with error messages like memory_managment , irql_not_less_or_equal) The computer is fairly new ( 10 months old ) ! It started behaving at first month by dropping frames on Metal GEar Solid and by...
  9. Floating button above apps

Floating button above apps: Is there any way (app/modification) to add floating button to Windows 10, which will be semitransparent and always above an app - even full screen game? I want to play Medieval 2 Total war on my Chuwi, but to call the In-Game Menu I need to press ESC button, and what...
  10. Crash/BSOD while idle downloading

Crash/BSOD while idle downloading: So last night I had an issue with a corrupt file somewhere in my windows store. I was not able to view a file. I ran sfc and it found corruption but could not repair it. I ran Dism and it could not repair it. I ended up doing an iso repair. After the repair I started a...