Windows 10: Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

Discus and support Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i noticed when i had telegram messenger opened up that some sort of Malware got into the application on my Desktop PC and somehow i can't find anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by msdragonfan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

i noticed when i had telegram messenger opened up that some sort of Malware got into the application on my Desktop PC and somehow i can't find anything relating to the Telegram Virus as it looks like someone must have broke into the app and sent out viruses.

:)

msdragonfan, Aug 9, 2019
  2. dictum Win User

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error

I got this from Telegram messenger support:
    I ran the sfc /scannow and got:

sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

dictum, Aug 9, 2019
  3. dictum Win User
    Eraser broke my Telegram app

I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else malfunctioned on that system and I have other messengers like Skype, viber, whatsapp, Signal.

Turns out the issue was this app called Eraser, the secure file delete utility. It was somehow interfering with the Telegram messenger and freezing it every 20 minutes. I tried to register & post on their forum to no avail. It's really buggy.
    Just FYI

The original thread I started here:

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error - Windows 10 Forums

dictum, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

install telegram for my surface pro 4

Hello Thang,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. May I know the error message when you trying to install Telegram messenger?
    2. Are you able to install other application on your Windows 10 PC?
    3. Could you please elaborate more on “I do not have any suitable equipment connect with my Microsoft account and ask me to login in to another equipment by my Microsoft account"?

Please refer the Microsoft article related to Telegram message:

Get Telegram Messenger - Microsoft Store

We are glad to assist you.

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

1. Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware - Similar Threads - Telegram Messenger disguised

2. Telegram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  3. Telegram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  4. cmd Worm disguised as shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cmd Worm disguised as shortcut: The final question would be “How do I find what keep adding this cmd/worm to my usb?“This is my documentation of the worm, hopefully this can help people as I am still stumped by it.In the version I encounter in 2011-2 the worm simply hide the file as protected system. Now...
  5. cmd Worm disguised as shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd Worm disguised as shortcut: The final question would be “How do I find what keep adding this cmd/worm to my usb?“This is my documentation of the worm, hopefully this can help people as I am still stumped by it.In the version I encounter in 2011-2 the worm simply hide the file as protected system. Now...
  6. Telegram desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telegram desktop: I was surfing on telegram desktop, suddenly it got blank out and since then it is opening. What should I do to reopen it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-desktop/5cbb7377-f05d-4c10-80f0-d23b74af9d0a
  7. Laptop disguised as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop disguised as a desktop?: I saw this gaming PC online : Mini gaming PC computer intel i9 8950HK gamer computador 6 core windows 10 NVIDIA graphic card GTX1650 fashion design wifi BT|Desktops| - AliExpress That link shows you the exterior of the unit ... which gives the appearance of a lay-flat...
  8. Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition: To : Microsoft team, Hi! Good Day! My name is Eddie Chew. I have an issue facing to be shared about among Microsoft team members. I have bought this laptop (Dell G3) on December 2018. After a period of usage, not beyond a month, it was corrupted, so I went back to the...
  9. Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...
  10. Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...