Windows 10: Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

Discus and support Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i noticed when i had telegram messenger opened up that some sort of Malware got into the application on my Desktop PC and somehow i can't find anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by msdragonfan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

i noticed when i had telegram messenger opened up that some sort of Malware got into the application on my Desktop PC and somehow i can't find anything relating to the Telegram Virus as it looks like someone must have broke into the app and sent out viruses.

:)

msdragonfan, Aug 9, 2019
  2. dictum Win User

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error

I got this from Telegram messenger support:
    I ran the sfc /scannow and got:

sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

dictum, Aug 9, 2019
  3. dictum Win User
    Eraser broke my Telegram app

I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else malfunctioned on that system and I have other messengers like Skype, viber, whatsapp, Signal.

Turns out the issue was this app called Eraser, the secure file delete utility. It was somehow interfering with the Telegram messenger and freezing it every 20 minutes. I tried to register & post on their forum to no avail. It's really buggy.
    Just FYI

The original thread I started here:

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error - Windows 10 Forums

dictum, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

install telegram for my surface pro 4

Hello Thang,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. May I know the error message when you trying to install Telegram messenger?
    2. Are you able to install other application on your Windows 10 PC?
    3. Could you please elaborate more on “I do not have any suitable equipment connect with my Microsoft account and ask me to login in to another equipment by my Microsoft account"?

Please refer the Microsoft article related to Telegram message:

Get Telegram Messenger - Microsoft Store

We are glad to assist you.

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware

1. Telegram Messenger disguised as Malware - Similar Threads - Telegram Messenger disguised

2. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  3. telegram app on desctop

telegram app on desctop: struggling to install a program on my laptop need to add device first telegram desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-app-on-desctop/3a5f2aa9-df1d-47d6-bac3-58a20e74763a
  4. Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition: To : Microsoft team, Hi! Good Day! My name is Eddie Chew. I have an issue facing to be shared about among Microsoft team members. I have bought this laptop (Dell G3) on December 2018. After a period of usage, not beyond a month, it was corrupted, so I went back to the...
  5. Messenger

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger: Where can I find the Messenger App to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/ee29622c-0cef-426b-8121-a53aba283ac3"
  6. Messenger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messenger: I am able to play Words with Friends on my Kindle but I am unable to access it on my pc. I get a message saying that I need to use the latest version of messenger. I have uninstalled and installed Messenger approximately 15 times now and I keep getting the same message....
  7. Eraser broke my Telegram app

Eraser broke my Telegram app: I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else...
  8. Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes

Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...
  9. Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...
  10. Ransomware disguised as Win 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware disguised as Win 10 update: Thought i would post this here but maybe the "news" section would benefit , if this is old news my apologies but it's scary. Beware! That Windows 10 update message could be ransomware in disguise A new virus is on the loose and it’s targeting users waiting for their...