Windows 10: Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

Discus and support Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So today I was browsing task manager only to find a couple of null process running and refusing to shut down , i tried to investigate all possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

So today I was browsing task manager only to find a couple of null process running and refusing to shut down , i tried to investigate all possible means that could lead to firing these process which led me to task scheduler at one point .

So honestly I haven't checked it in ages but it did catch my interest . Almost 50% of the so many tasks I found inside for no reason were marked as Telemetry .

For those who do not know what these are , they are supposedly tasks that keep firing per scheduled time which collect and send out statistical data about your PC to owners of the task .

So yea Microsoft and Office has 8 of these , Intel has 2 , Nvidia has 7 , then comes the Antivirus that has 3 of these , Adobe has 2 & 16 others found from low life companies I installed their apps years ago and like forgot all about em .

Now the funnier trend is programs trying to check for updates , Google takes first place installing 4 tasks mind you 2 services that tries to check for updates just for Chrome ! then the Antivirus has 4 and 20 other programs from low life companies doing it as well .

I am not being skeptical here , but who can really analyse statistical data sent within 15 minutes frequency globally ? or what sort of a low life company tasks a daily schedule to check for updates , why don't they just keep it to when one fires their app if they ever like the good old days (mind you that I haven't had an alert from these about updates through out the years of installation!) ?

Now seriously why are we being sniffed so vigorously while I'm sure all these collected data end up down the drain while all there is to it are just the waste of processing power and internet quota ...

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Ima Troll Win User

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility is, simply stated, a virus that ships with Windows.

• Hit the Windows key and type Task Scheduler
    • Drill down to Task Scheduler Library | Microsoft | Windows | Application Experience
    • Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
    • Disable ProgramDataUpdater

Ima Troll, Apr 25, 2019
  3. torre Win User
    Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Zero MSN Win User

Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Thank you so much. This was killing off the battery and the CPU on my Surface. To make it worse, the fan would make a lot of noise to cool the system down.

Now it's running so much better and a lot quieter too.

Zero MSN, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

1. Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?! - Similar Threads - Telemetry Schedules Why

2. Microsoft is so cliché company.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is so cliché company.: Hello,If you want to contact someone by email or phone as a regular client, it's almost impossible.Of course, Microsoft delivers email services, but they don't provide email or phone support themselves.However, if you contact the sales office, they do have phone and email...
  3. Microsoft is so cliché company.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is so cliché company.: Hello,If you want to contact someone by email or phone as a regular client, it's almost impossible.Of course, Microsoft delivers email services, but they don't provide email or phone support themselves.However, if you contact the sales office, they do have phone and email...
  4. Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company: Imagine getting a new computerInstalling windowsbut you cantbecause windows FORCES you to create an accountBUTthat is not even allYOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED CAUSE THERE MAY BE A SECURITY RISKIM **** BOOTING MY PC FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED ACCESS TO A BROWSER TO DO...
  5. Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the **** is Microsoft such a **** company: Imagine getting a new computerInstalling windowsbut you cantbecause windows FORCES you to create an accountBUTthat is not even allYOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED CAUSE THERE MAY BE A SECURITY RISKIM **** BOOTING MY PC FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED ACCESS TO A BROWSER TO DO...
  6. Why is "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" taking up so much of the CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" taking up so much of the CPU?: It has once took up over 60% of the CPU! I have a reasonably powerful computer, any explanation on why MSCT takes up so much? submitted by /u/HomieBoxYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gckclo/why_is_microsoft_compatibility_telemetry_taking/
  7. why is this company so bad?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is this company so bad?: why? seriously, why? Nothing related to microsoft at all works ever not once. I am in the store fighting to buy and download a game wont work I am in account settings fighting to change settings wont work I see talk to virtual agent, another thing that does not work THIS...
  8. windows 10 1903 - telemetry 2.0 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 1903 - telemetry 2.0 Task Scheduler: hi after an inplace upgrade from windows 10 1809 to 1903 on the shedular task i find "Intel Telemetry 2 (x86)". I cant find the related program installer to uninstall *Sad What the hell is this and i can remove the task? thanks [ATTACH] 143293
  9. Where to report a video game company in US?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to report a video game company in US?: To be more specific, which public service in USA is authorized to accept reports for video game companies for anethical and illegal actions? I never had to do that before, but now i found a specific company, that hijacks the player's game cash to enforce payment, aka ransom...
  10. Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler: I've noticed that Comodo has several tasks in the Windows task scheduler - and no matter how many times I disable them, or even delete them, they reappear every time I reboot, with new scheduled times: Comodo Telemetry - At log on of any user - One time - After triggered,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is intel telemetry scheduled task