Windows 10: Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

Discus and support Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So today I was browsing task manager only to find a couple of null process running and refusing to shut down , i tried to investigate all possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

So today I was browsing task manager only to find a couple of null process running and refusing to shut down , i tried to investigate all possible means that could lead to firing these process which led me to task scheduler at one point .

So honestly I haven't checked it in ages but it did catch my interest . Almost 50% of the so many tasks I found inside for no reason were marked as Telemetry .

For those who do not know what these are , they are supposedly tasks that keep firing per scheduled time which collect and send out statistical data about your PC to owners of the task .

So yea Microsoft and Office has 8 of these , Intel has 2 , Nvidia has 7 , then comes the Antivirus that has 3 of these , Adobe has 2 & 16 others found from low life companies I installed their apps years ago and like forgot all about em .

Now the funnier trend is programs trying to check for updates , Google takes first place installing 4 tasks mind you 2 services that tries to check for updates just for Chrome ! then the Antivirus has 4 and 20 other programs from low life companies doing it as well .

I am not being skeptical here , but who can really analyse statistical data sent within 15 minutes frequency globally ? or what sort of a low life company tasks a daily schedule to check for updates , why don't they just keep it to when one fires their app if they ever like the good old days (mind you that I haven't had an alert from these about updates through out the years of installation!) ?

Now seriously why are we being sniffed so vigorously while I'm sure all these collected data end up down the drain while all there is to it are just the waste of processing power and internet quota ...

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Ima Troll Win User

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility is, simply stated, a virus that ships with Windows.

• Hit the Windows key and type Task Scheduler
    • Drill down to Task Scheduler Library | Microsoft | Windows | Application Experience
    • Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
    • Disable ProgramDataUpdater

Ima Troll, Apr 25, 2019
  3. torre Win User
    Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Zero MSN Win User

Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Thank you so much. This was killing off the battery and the CPU on my Surface. To make it worse, the fan would make a lot of noise to cool the system down.

Now it's running so much better and a lot quieter too.

Zero MSN, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?!

1. Telemetry Schedules - Why are companies monitoring us so vigorously ?! - Similar Threads - Telemetry Schedules Why

2. Why is windows so trash and broken? and why hasn't Microsoft as a company been broken apart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is windows so trash and broken? and why hasn't Microsoft as a company been broken apart?: This is basically a trillion dollar company that can't update it's own drivers. it's pathetic. Why does the system look like 3 or 4 different versions of windows in one? How is this acceptable? I have to go to one area to update this. another to update that. Windows will...
  3. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  4. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  5. why is why computers internet so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is why computers internet so unreliable?: For about the past week my computer has been taking a lot longer to load web pages and videos than it ever has before. before then i would occasionally need to reset my network adapter because "the default gateway was not available", but now even the troubleshooters can't...
  6. Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo firewall - telemetry, tasks reappearing in task scheduler: I've noticed that Comodo has several tasks in the Windows task scheduler - and no matter how many times I disable them, or even delete them, they reappear every time I reboot, with new scheduled times: Comodo Telemetry - At log on of any user - One time - After triggered,...
  7. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....
  8. Install put the company monitor out of business

in Windows 10 Support
    Install put the company monitor out of business: Fortunately, I waited until after my business closed to install Win 10 on my PC. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4400 card. When the installation was right around 75%, one of my dual monitors started a rainbow strobe light. I rebooted, same thing. How in the world am I going to...
  9. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...
  10. Why Microsoft is turning into an open-source company

in Windows 10 News
    Why Microsoft is turning into an open-source company: Microsoft now has its own BSD Unix operating system, supports Ubuntu as a subsystem on Windows 10, and recently open-sourced the Xamarin software development kit. This is not Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer's Microsoft. I know it's very, very hard for some of you to believe...