Windows 10: Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft

Discus and support Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just had a call from a guy claiming to be from Microsoft saying I have problems with my computer. He is saying that my computer is open to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chichi143, May 21, 2019.

1. Chichi143 Win User

Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft

I have just had a call from a guy claiming to be from Microsoft saying I have problems with my computer. He is saying that my computer is open to hackers gaining access to my personal information and that he would talk me through sorting it out.

There was no way I was going to do this as anyone could ring me and say they are from Microsoft and then again access to my stuff! Scams like this happen every day and I'm not a trusting person.

I told the guy I wouldn't be doing anything over the phone with him as I'd need to verify this first and he told me he would be blocking my computer! I told him to go ahead and I'd call Microsoft myself to sort it out.

Is this guy legitamate? Can he really do this? What is he going on about? Please can someone from Microsoft explain in layman's talk what exactly I should be doing, if anything with my PC.

Many thanks.

:)

Chichi143, May 21, 2019

2. computer telephone

Hi Donald,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• What do you mean when you say "telephone that is on my computer"?
    • Are you referring to an application installed on your computer? If yes, then what is the exact application?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, May 21, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft :p

cadaveca, May 21, 2019
  4. Entegy Win User

dictaphone - record a telephone conversation

As pointed out, the likely reason is that it's illegal to record a telephone call without consent in many countries. I don't see this being built-in anytime soon, but who knows what will come in Windows 8?

But yes, the suggestion box is a surprising look at things. For example, there are "so many" complaints here about no direct sync to Outlook, yet that suggestion is only 24th place on the list. Seems like not many people care about direct sync to Outlook as
    some people think.

Entegy, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft - Similar Threads - Telephone call saying

2. Telephone Call from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telephone Call from Microsoft: I received a telephone call from 1-913-348-7459 this morning from a technician from Microsoft--supposedly. The tech had a foreign accent and said my computer was sending Microsoft information from my computer, but he did not tell me it was from my laptop or desktop. He...
  3. Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft: Received a phone call from a person stating he was from Microsoft Refund Department and I needed to be in front of my computer or laptop and he would walk me through how to get my $249.95 refund either by check, credit card department, or directly to my checking account. When...
  4. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I want to be able, to make a phone number, using my computer, speakers and microphone. If it works, I want to call 816 ***-****. 536-2203 That way . . . I can talk to my wife "Dana" Thanks for reading . . . Jerry If, I install Skype . . . You have to pay for it's...
  5. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I'm living in a retirement home. But, I have no access to a telephone. Would it be possible, to make a phone call? Using my, computer speakers & mic? Would it, be a free app? How do I, dial etc. Please explain everything. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. telephone calls on renewing

telephone calls on renewing: Getting calls from a woman stating that my microsoft windows will expire today if I do not call 860-503-8831 immediately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telephone-calls-on-renewing/d00eb4f4-ec1e-46e1-bb3e-ea94402cf06f"
  7. Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...: I just acquired a new Windows 10 and laptop and signed in to the Skype service that is integrated into the Windows 10 OS. I have had a Skype-in number (USA) for more than a decade and always maintain high balance of Skype Credit in my account. I had been using Skype on an...
  8. Call from someone saying they are from Windows

Call from someone saying they are from Windows: Hi guys, yet again I have had another call from a telephone number of 0049201272532 saying they are from Windows. Told them I would connect them to the IT Department, came back on the phone. She said to me that could I tell her what was wrong with her computer. I explained...
  9. Three Telephone Calls From MSFT Today

Three Telephone Calls From MSFT Today: I have received three telephone call from a woman calling herself Sherly or Cheri. All the calls have had different telephone numbers. She says if I don't do what she asks, my MSFT software will be shut down....
  10. Telephone calls

Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...