Windows 10: Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft

Discus and support Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a call today from telephone number 817-402-0091, Alvarado, TX. I didn't answer as I know it's a scam call. A message was left that my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Evone Javois-White, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft

I received a call today from telephone number 817-402-0091, Alvarado, TX. I didn't answer as I know it's a scam call. A message was left that my subscription was about to expire and I needed to call them or my credit card would be charged $299. I've reported these type of calls before. I never received a response. What exactly do you do about these annoying. To date I've blocked 648 scam callers. Does anybody care ? I would think when they leave a message with a tel number, that should lead to something or is it just ignored.

:)

Evone Javois-White, Jul 23, 2019

2. telephone scammers

everyone beware,,these scammers have a new act,,got a call yesterday,,instead of claiming he was from microsoft windows,, he said he was from dell,, he asked about my dell inspiron,,the only only problem is neither of my two dells is an inspiron. i said
    'i do not own an inspiron', he promptly hung up.

good luck everyone

larryofnewyork, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Regularly we receive calls purporting to be from British Telecom (we’re not customers), Windows technical department or Microsoft technical department - scammers the lot of ‘em.
    In the UK there’s the Telephone Preference Service but it’ll not stop international scam calls.

Bastet, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft

Telephone numbers showing as links in Microsoft Edge Browser

When viewing my web site pages in Microsoft Edge browser, all the telephone numbers appear as links even though they are not.

When I view pages using Firefox they look like an ordinary list of telephone numbers as they should. They also look like ordinary telephone number on my tablet

Any idea how I can stop them looking like links when I use Microsoft Edge Browser

Thanks in anticipation

Islanderuk, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft

1. Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft - Similar Threads - Telephone Scammers Claiming

2. Scammers using Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scammers using Microsoft Teams: What can be done about scammers using Microsoft Teams app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scammers-using-microsoft-teams/ad7033d5-aac3-47e4-83c8-b291ca9f4532
  3. Scammers have blocked microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammers have blocked microsoft: Scammers have blocked microsoft on my lenovo laptop running windows 10 any suggestions what to do please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers-have-blocked-microsoft/08dccfab-be87-4858-961a-6960b0c9aab8
  4. Telephone Call from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telephone Call from Microsoft: I received a telephone call from 1-913-348-7459 this morning from a technician from Microsoft--supposedly. The tech had a foreign accent and said my computer was sending Microsoft information from my computer, but he did not tell me it was from my laptop or desktop. He...
  5. Scammers imitating Microsoft support.

Scammers imitating Microsoft support.: scammers are imitating Microsoft support after login saying my account is blocked because of suspicious activity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers-imitating-microsoft-support/ed7f4683-ec91-4a2e-b2bb-035cfd7fa0d4
  6. scammers imitatimg microsoft support

scammers imitatimg microsoft support: scammers are imitating Microsoft support after login saying my account is blocked because of suspicious activity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers-imitatimg-microsoft-support/ed7f4683-ec91-4a2e-b2bb-035cfd7fa0d4
  7. SCAMMERS CLAIMING TO BE WINDOWS SUPPORT

SCAMMERS CLAIMING TO BE WINDOWS SUPPORT: My computer was blocked when in use, said to call a number. I did. They said it was windows--but to fix it I paid them $500.00. The business is Krish radiant solutions 1-888-435-1333. Now I get one to three calls a day telling me that they have been ordered to close and...
  8. Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam

Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam: Recently, I received a telephone call from someone telling me that "Microsoft was ordered to close its technical services and I have paid for the services and was due a refund. I called the telephone number provided in the message. The caller was from PAKISTAN AND ASKED ME...
  9. Microsoft claim.

Microsoft claim.: I receive telephone messages every hour on the hour stating that the call is from Micro Soft claim dept. about money received and refund by pressing 1 now. I have not answered this call and it goes to voicemail. But enough is enough....
  10. Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...