Windows 10: Tell Windows my device is personal, not work

Discus and support Tell Windows my device is personal, not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In setting up a new laptop, I initially used my O365 account which is linked to an Action Pack E3 license rather than my personal Microsoft Account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ladymuck, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ladymuck Win User

Tell Windows my device is personal, not work

In setting up a new laptop, I initially used my O365 account which is linked to an Action Pack E3 license rather than my personal Microsoft Account. This caused me some issues so I have removed that account profile from the machine and reverted to my personal account.

However, I cannot use my personal OneDrive to back up files as I get an error message advising that I cannot use a personal OneDrive as it is on a work device.

My Googling of the issue isn't throwing up anything even remotely helpful. The closest I got was a description of Enterprise level device management which isn't available with the AzureAD access I get with my license.

I suspect there's a well buried setting somewhere that I need to tweak - I'd be happy for some pointers please

TIA

:)

ladymuck, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Tell Windows my device is personal, not work - Similar Threads - Tell device personal

2. My windows device do not want to connect with my personal WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows device do not want to connect with my personal WIFI: My windows device do not want to connect with my personal WIFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-device-do-not-want-to-connect-with-my/8612f3f3-1e06-475e-8df1-eec14e663c01
  3. My windows device do not want to connect with my personal WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows device do not want to connect with my personal WIFI: My windows device do not want to connect with my personal WIFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-device-do-not-want-to-connect-with-my/8612f3f3-1e06-475e-8df1-eec14e663c01
  4. Unlinking a work account from personal device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking a work account from personal device: I use 2 personal computers linked to a work Microsoft account and would like to unlink only one computer. Will this unlink my work account from the second computer?...
  5. Unlinking a work account from personal device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlinking a work account from personal device: I use 2 personal computers linked to a work Microsoft account and would like to unlink only one computer. Will this unlink my work account from the second computer?...
  6. Accidentally set up my new personal laptop as a work device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally set up my new personal laptop as a work device: I recently bought an Acer Spin 3, when setting it up is asked me for a work or school account. Not thinking, as i would be using it for work anyways, i entered my office 365 email and password provided by my place of work. Then later added my personalt live account. Well i...
  7. how to tell what devices are on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to tell what devices are on my network: how to tell devices on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-what-devices-are-on-my-network/5c8ebd94-5bd6-4675-a08b-8b48ece5e79e
  8. Windows shouldn't be syncing across work and personal devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows shouldn't be syncing across work and personal devices: I started work at a place last year as IT Manager and was assigned a new Win10 Home laptop to use for work. I sign onto the laptop using a local account, and I access all work-related Microsoft Office applications using my work email, which has its own Microsoft Office...
  9. How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to tell if the person on the phone is ACTUALLY working as a legitimate Microsoft Partner: With all these "Microsoft Certified Technical Support technicians" out there who turn out to be nothing more than money/identity thieves, do your Microsoft approve technicians have ANY way of verifying they are in fact a genuine Microsoft Partner? A specific question people...
  10. personalize not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalize not working: [IMG][ATTACH]when I right click on personalize tab on the desktop the page does not open...how should i make it reset.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/personalize-not-working/cad6a90c-25b4-4b8d-86db-346709b81f39