Windows 10: Telling windows where on screen to open an app

Discus and support Telling windows where on screen to open an app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I use a calculator emulator (an HP-15C) for quick calculations. For those of us that had always used HP calculators, with RPN, this is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WizardOfBoz, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Telling windows where on screen to open an app

So I use a calculator emulator (an HP-15C) for quick calculations. For those of us that had always used HP calculators, with RPN, this is a signficantly better option than the MS calc.exe program.

My issue is where it opens. I'd like to have it open in the lower left portion of the screen. But it always opens at the top of the screen. Not a big deal, but I use the thing 10 times a day and it's annoying.

Is there a way to specify the x and y coordinates of where an app opens? Perhaps using command line arguments in a shortcut? Or (heaven forfend!) editing the registry?

Using 10.0.18363.

Will probably update with the "Feature Update" (which is a major, hour-long process - you'd think that MS would at least try to accurately name it) soon.

Thanks

:)

WizardOfBoz, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Telling windows where on screen to open an app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Version 1607 Build 14393.105 does that, click Start and the full Apps list is scrollable.
    Forgot to add this screenshot:

Telling windows where on screen to open an app [​IMG]

Berton, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Telling windows where on screen to open an app

default apps not opening in windows 10

Hi,

• Run the SFC.
    Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• I would suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.
    a. Open Control Panel and click on troubleshooting.

b. Click on View All. Click on Windows Apps. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also refer to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Anannya Podder, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Telling windows where on screen to open an app

1. Telling windows where on screen to open an app - Similar Threads - Telling where screen

2. Appearance of apps on opening screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Appearance of apps on opening screen: After a recent Windows 10 update, the apps on my opening screen laptop was changed to small "ocean waves" instead of the usual descriptive boxes or pictures. How can I get the appearance back to what it was before this change?...
  3. Windows will not install apps where I tell it to.

Windows will not install apps where I tell it to.: I have changed my install location for apps from my C drive to my F drive because I do not have enough room on my C drive to store games from the Xbox for PC app. I had been installing and playing games on that drive for a few months but now for some reason I'm now not able...
  4. open app window in current window where I clicked

open app window in current window where I clicked: Hi, I have multiple monitors on Windows 10. I want to see the app window show up in the monitor where I clicked the app shortcut. For example, I click Start button on 2nd monitor and then click Mail app, I want the Mail window open on the same monitor i.e. 2nd monitor....
  5. Where are the icons to Windows Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where are the icons to Windows Apps?: I've been scouring the internet to find out how to change MPC-HC's Icon and I know how I just need the find the Videos icon (Movies & TV or something like that). Where can I find it submitted by /u/LukaTAG [link] [comments]...
  6. admin try open a app where is admin shield then my screen frozes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin try open a app where is admin shield then my screen frozes: i have admin on my acc but everytime i try open a app where is admin shield then my screen frozes andthen it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission. And i cant use task manager.SOMEONE HELP...
  7. Opening apps on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening apps on multiple screens: Hi. Am I missing a setting somewhere where I could set the application to open on the screen where I opened it? The scenario is I’m extending my display, so I have two desktop screens. When I open an app on my second screen, I want the app to open there instead of on the...
  8. How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed?: I have Forza Horizon 4 installed, and half of Forza 7 downloaded onto a 2nd drive (D Drive). I then had to reinstall Windows on my SSD (C Drive) because it started to go nuts again .. Deleting programs, files, folders etc, every couple of days. According to defender it was...
  9. windows and apps opening random places on screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows and apps opening random places on screen: running windows 10 with duel moniters when my computer turns on my discord auto opens but doesnt stay on the left most side but sometimes opens full screen or 1/4 screen or 1/4 screen in the middle of the screen. when i open chrome same thing happens but not as crazy. is...
  10. Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen: I am running windows 10, with a GTX 970 and three monitors. So starting a few weeks ago the Twitch app stopped being able to be opened, it shows up on the taskbar but can't be made visible. I have tried making it appear by pressing windows key + any arrow key, and...