Windows 10: TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS

Discus and support TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that I had this issue with some project that required telnet connection. Sadly, it seems like it was removed from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmilBatista, Jun 15, 2021.

1. TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that I had this issue with some project that required telnet connection. Sadly, it seems like it was removed from windows in one of the latest updates because I had it in the protocols sections and I could change to any app I wanted. You won't find it under CPanel>Default Apps> Choose Default apps by protocol. Instead what you can do is go to CPanel>Programs>Programs & Features> Turn Windows features on or off> Active "Telnet Client"Or Go to Powershell with admin account and type: dism /online /Enable-feature /FeatureName:TelnetClientT

:)

EmilBatista, Jun 15, 2021

2. Telnet Not in Default Apps

Telnet works fine from the commandline. It's enabled in Windows options, and I can run it without issue.

The problem is I can't associate it with the TELNET protocol under default apps. That's because TELNET isn't even an option that I can assign a program to. It's been removed from the list of protocols that can be assigned. Protocols like SCP, FTP, SSH
    are still there, with apps assigned to each. But TELNET, which has always been there, is no longer in the list.

BrianPelletier, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Telnet Not in Default Apps

Telnet is an app and a protocol.

I upgraded my Windows 10 from home to pro. Now telnet is not listed in the default apps by protocol; it always has been previously. FTP, SSH, and other similar protocols are all there, just not TELNET.

My work uses a web-based application to connect to remote sites via telnet, and it depends on the browser being able to fire up a telnet app when a 'telnet://' URL is encountered. This worked great until just recently, I'm assuming my home->pro update caused
    this (though it could be coincidence).

Any help would be appreciated.

BrianPelletier, Jun 15, 2021
  4. TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS

Telnet on Windows 10

I can't activate Telnet on the Windows 10 Pro (x64) installed on my workstation.

Windows 10 Ver. 1803 Build SO 17134.48

I tried to locate the Telnet Client in the "Turn Windows features on or off" window, but it is not listed, so I can't check any box to activate Telnet.

I need it to update my DSL modem firmware; tried to operate Telnet using a third party software, like PUTTY, form PUTTY works and I can access to my modem bootloader but still the firmware update process does not work.

TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS f4abd781-306a-4457-a024-cd951e775b6b?upload=true.jpg

AlanCarterCorrado, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS

1. TELNET NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS? YET? DO THIS - Similar Threads - TELNET WORKING YET

2. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set telnet client for telnet links...: If I turn on the telnet feature, it doesn't add the necessary registration keys. If I install a telnet client that is supposed to set the default telnet app, it doesn't. I seem to have the telnet client disabled in the OS. If I click on a telnet link from a browser, nothing...
  3. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set telnet client for telnet links...: If I turn on the telnet feature, it doesn't add the necessary registration keys. If I install a telnet client that is supposed to set the default telnet app, it doesn't. I seem to have the telnet client disabled in the OS. If I click on a telnet link from a browser, nothing...
  4. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.: I created a virtual router with gns3. I can connect it well with the telnet. It however fails when trying to use the exetnsion for pyhton, telnetlib....
  6. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.: I created a virtual router with gns3. I can connect it well with the telnet. It however fails when trying to use the exetnsion for pyhton, telnetlib....
  7. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Enable Telnet on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Telnet on Windows: Hello I am having trouble starting telnet from a command prompt on Windows 7 and Windows 10. I have ensured that Telnet is installed using Programs and Features. I have used services.msc to automatically start the telnet service. On Windows 7 I have added the local user...
  9. telnet on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    telnet on windows 10: When I try to turn on the telnet feature, as soon as I click on Turn Windows features on/off....I get a blank screen and the list of features never comes up. This is a brand new right out of the box W10 PC. I have tried using command line and it fails. sfc /scannow was...
  10. Telnet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telnet: Hi All, I just signed up and this is my first post. My question is: since there is no telnet server in Windows 10 that would be the reason I can not Telnet in from my Centos VM Correct? I can Telnet into my CentosVM from my Windows VM but not vice versa, Thank You in...