Windows 10: Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

Discus and support Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, is it possible to communicate using Telnet Protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs Regards, Muthukumar Gopal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muthukumar Gopal, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

Hello,

is it possible to communicate using Telnet Protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

Regards,

Muthukumar Gopal

:)

Muthukumar Gopal, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to associate XShell application to URL: Telnet. You may go ahead and try adding the program using Registry Editor and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type regedit and click on OK.
    3. Now, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\telnet\shell\open\command
    4. On the right pane, double click on the (Default) value and change the file location with the location of the program that you want to associate.
    5. Close Registry editor and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Telnet to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

Telnet on Windows 10

I can't activate Telnet on the Windows 10 Pro (x64) installed on my workstation.

Windows 10 Ver. 1803 Build SO 17134.48

I tried to locate the Telnet Client in the "Turn Windows features on or off" window, but it is not listed, so I can't check any box to activate Telnet.

I need it to update my DSL modem firmware; tried to operate Telnet using a third party software, like PUTTY, form PUTTY works and I can access to my modem bootloader but still the firmware update process does not work.

Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs f4abd781-306a-4457-a024-cd951e775b6b?upload=true.jpg

AlanCarterCorrado, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

1. Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs - Similar Threads - Telnet protocol between

2. Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?: Hi I have two PCs one with Windows 10 home and the other with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible to swap the product key for the Windows 10 home PC with the Windows 10 pro PC and vice versa? Would this delete any documents/etc from either PC? Thank you in advance for your help...
  3. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  4. connect two windows 10 pcs

connect two windows 10 pcs: I have two W10 laptops; one works fine, while the other machine's cursor will not respond to either the keyboard or the touchpad. The machines are connected via USB cable. I want to connect the machine so that I can use the working computer to access a USB drive on the other...
  5. Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs: Hi everybody, Can somebody please tell me why the Settings app on my main computer Windows 10 2004 looks different compared to my second computer Windows 10 1909? The top bar with my account info and links to Windows Update and One Drive seem to missing, even before I...
  6. Trying to share files between two PCs

Trying to share files between two PCs: I have two PCs running the latest Windows 10 software connected to the same network. I really need to be able to have the computers see each other so I can share files between the two. However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I always seem to have problems. For the sake...
  7. Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol: Let me explain detail my problem following- I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell application as default console app but I can't set my xshell app into choose default app by protocol about URL: Telnet, URL: ssh...
  8. Windows 10 Activation on two PCs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation on two PCs: For Christmas, I built a new PC with some parts I was using on my PC before. Bought New - Motherboard, RAM, Processor Used from Old PC - Graphics Card, PSU, SSD with Windows installed. When I got the new PC, I didn’t wipe and reinstall Windows on the SSD I was using before,...
  9. telnet on windows 10

telnet on windows 10: When I try to turn on the telnet feature, as soon as I click on Turn Windows features on/off....I get a blank screen and the list of features never comes up. This is a brand new right out of the box W10 PC. I have tried using command line and it fails. sfc /scannow was...
  10. Two PCs with Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two PCs with Windows 10: This is probably a silly and obvious question but I want to double check. On the main PC we all sign in with ms accounts, my user acc (admin), my wife (standard) and our son (child acc). But as its a desktop we want to also get a cheaper laptop that's a bit more mobile around...