Windows 10: Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup

Discus and support Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was having activation issues with my computer after installing a new internal hard drive, but with the comand prompt I was able to activate it. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by detorationX, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup

I was having activation issues with my computer after installing a new internal hard drive, but with the comand prompt I was able to activate it. So thats when I thought I could ditch the temp acount and create a personal account. But as soon as I restarted to see if the changes were permanent, my hopes were crushed.

The new admin account I made was gone and windows was back to the deactivated state. I just wanna use my laptop without problems, this is getting very annoying and I look everywhere online and nothing helps to stop the computer from deleting everything and giving me a temp account every sratup

:)

detorationX, Jul 2, 2020

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup

all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup

1. Temp account deletes all changes no matter what, after every restart/startup - Similar Threads - Temp account deletes

2. I can't delete files no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete files no matter what: I cant delete files that I don't want of a few downloads I originally thought it's because they're being used in the background but I can't end them on task manager it says "access denied" I also can't delete them using command prompt idk what to do please help me...
  3. I can't delete files no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete files no matter what: I cant delete files that I don't want of a few downloads I originally thought it's because they're being used in the background but I can't end them on task manager it says "access denied" I also can't delete them using command prompt idk what to do please help me...
  4. Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10: Hi,I am using Windows 10 linked to my MS account, everything was working fine until I decided to change my password. After changing my password after every restart I am signed out of every application linked to my MS account like the Xbox app and I get the "Microsoft account...
  5. Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10: Hi,I am using Windows 10 linked to my MS account, everything was working fine until I decided to change my password. After changing my password after every restart I am signed out of every application linked to my MS account like the Xbox app and I get the "Microsoft account...
  6. Have to sign in to MS account every restart after password change - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is it safe to delet all the files in the temp section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to delet all the files in the temp section: Hello i wanted to free up storage but then i saw the temp files and had over 100 files and i waas wondering if i can delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delet-all-the-files-in-the-temp/140fb544-cb1c-4cf1-a303-a7cb9b4bdf7c
  8. All my files save to the TEMP folder and get deleted every time i restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my files save to the TEMP folder and get deleted every time i restart my computer: If i save a file or a folder to desktop it will get deleted when i restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-save-to-the-temp-folder-and-get/1d2b3912-7691-48f4-9b79-20a0aa8906de
  9. Stuck on a temp account no matter what.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on a temp account no matter what.: Everytime I go into the regeditor, delete the temp profile, delete the .bak from the corrupted one, and restart, it doesn't work, I always go back to a temp profile. I have been trying to fix this for a day now, I have tried everything I can, whether it be simple things like...
  10. Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup: All, I have a new PC with a fresh install of Windows 10. The issue I am having is regarding the fonts. It's not an issue with the size etc.. it's an issue with the style of font (example: Times New Roman). When I view Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, the font appears all...