Windows 10: Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

Discus and support Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OlleSchälin, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

Hello,

Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does contain ALL my onedrive things, also those that shall not be stored locally. BTW, my normal onedrive storage is at D:\ and that one is working as it should.

I was told that Onedrive, sometimes create a tempfolder during the synchronisation process and after the sync is completed, that tempfolder should dissappear. But for me it remains, even after sync. What is also interesting to mention is that the size of this onedrive folder, is twice the size of the whole c:\, where it stored. So something fishy is going on.

I was also told that sometimes the computer generate an additional user, when the normal profile is corrupt, and then the computer creates such TEMP.DESKTOP folder. But I not sure whether it is the same problem as I have. First the TEMP.DESKTOP only contain the onedrive things, nothing else. Second, when I log on, I get no information that my "real" profile is corrupt or have any other problem.

Some other strange things: It takes a few minutes to open up the recycle bin. And I cannot shut down the computer by clicking on the windows symbol. Instead I have to log off and shut down the computer from there. First I thought that those problem was related to that the C:\ was full, but now I have a lot of free space there, but those issues remains.

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

:)

OlleSchälin, Nov 3, 2019

2. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Nov 3, 2019
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

I checked another computer that had OneDrive for a number of months and found it also had a OneDrive Temp folder but without any files. Apparently the temp folder is an
    integral part of OneDrive and after all files are synced to the OneDrive folder the temp folder automatically deletes its contents.

BillMcAninch, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

OneDrive Temp Folder

I thought I had this fixed. I moved my local OneDrive to another location then deleted both the old OneDrive and the OneDrive Temp. The new local OneDrive began syncing late last night. This morning when I checked,
    the OneDrive Temp is back and is syncing.

G:\Storage\OneDrive (new location) (modified 9/1/2015) (currently 11.7 of 255GB) and growing.

G:\OneDrive Temp (modified 9/2/2015) (currently 6.62 of 255GB) Within this folder is another folder S-1-5-21-3459682553-3355248039-92494815-1000. Inside that folder are about 100+ files and growing with very, very long file names that begin with 9F2BB41D38884688!101
    followed by two similar groups of characters then a final odd group that ends in .temp.

Still need to stop syncing and remove the Temp folder. The temp is doubling the used disk space.

BillMcAninch, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

1. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive - Similar Threads - Temp desktop folder

2. How do I stop OneDrive syncing a folder it says contains my Desktop Folder but doesn't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop OneDrive syncing a folder it says contains my Desktop Folder but doesn't?: I'm trying to stop OneDrive sync on a folder on my desktop. Whenever I try to do this, I get a message saying, "The folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Desktop folder, which is an important folder in Windows and currently points towards OneDrive." I have checked...
  3. Desktop folder is in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder is in OneDrive: I got a new PC and going through the windows explorer I discovered that the desktop folder is placed in OneDrive subfolder rather than directly in users folder . Is there any way I can move it back to C:/Users/<User> [ATTACH]...
  4. Shortcut keys only work when Desktop folder is child of OneDrive folder

Shortcut keys only work when Desktop folder is child of OneDrive folder: I'm running insider preview build 19635.mn_release.200522-1435 I have a shortcut of Windows Terminal on my desktop. This shortcut was made by: Open run Win + R and run shell:AppsFolder. Right click on Windows Terminal and choose Create shortcut. My shortcut key is set...
  5. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a desktop with 512GB of storage, I am syncing my Documents and Pictures folders using OneDrive personal Though OneDrive Business is installed, I don't use it. These take up a total of about 250GB. There is a very large Virtual Hard Disc file called...
  6. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive HDD of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data to OneDrive but I am unable to. I get a message that "Space required on your C:\ drive: 245 GB", which I don't have. I...
  7. Desktop folder in OneDrive

Desktop folder in OneDrive: I got a new laptop and going through the windows explorer I discovered that the desktop folder is placed in OneDrive subfolder rather than directly in users folder . Is there any way I can move it back to C:/Users/<User> Hope for a quick reply....
  8. sent folder contains only a single email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent folder contains only a single email: this applies to an outlook.com email using a windows 10 phone. And why is there a gigantic delay between typing the letters here and displaying them?...
  9. change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container: If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder. 30219
  10. Temp folder %temp %

Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temp.desktop folder