Windows 10: TEMP file cant get access

Discus and support TEMP file cant get access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day to you all, Sorry if i have posted out of turn in this forum but im now officially at the end of my wits with this problem. We are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShaunJDC, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ShaunJDC Win User

TEMP file cant get access

Good day to you all,

Sorry if i have posted out of turn in this forum but im now officially at the end of my wits with this problem.

We are trying to gain permissions access to the Temp file stored in the C Drive on a computer i have clicked properties and then the security tab and clicked the Allow (Full Control) box but when i click to Apply i get an error message saying

failed to enumerate objects in the container
    c:\windows\temp

And we can then still not get access to the temp file, we need to access the temp file as the software we use apparently has a file stored in there it needs to access and without permission to access the file we cant open the software ?

Any help please would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

ShaunJDC, Jan 11, 2016

2. How do i get rid of all the temp files that accumulate due to internet access (especially.jpg)?

<Original title: Delete temp files>

how do i get rid of all the temp files that accumulate due to internet access (especially.jpg)

Original title: housekeeping

JohnSDHart, Jan 11, 2016
  3. %temp% folder access

In older versions of windows and until this week, after an update? I was able to access temp folders by simply typing %temp% then I could get users to simply delete all files and folders in this location. But now when I type %temp% it opens the Internet
    properties box.

Big fault IMO, it was so easy to access and also to talk users through this rather than browsing to these folders.

How do you access %temp%?

William Anderson 1878, Jan 11, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Not all the temp files can be accessed since they are locked by some running background processes. You can try:
    TFC Temporary file removal tool which will kill the background processes and clean those up. Download and right click to run as Admin to see if you can delete/access those files

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2016
  5. ShaunJDC Win User
    Thanks topgundcp i will give this a try and post my findings, could Avast be a problem as well ?

ShaunJDC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. TEMP file cant get access - Similar Threads - TEMP file cant

2. cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files: I have a Dell Latitude 5520, windows 11. I have been trying for 2 days to clean my temp files. Still, it says there are files open that need to be closed ,I'm not a professional and got the laptop for school so I don't know anything about programs or what file does what,I did...
  3. cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant clean temp files becouse i cant find the open files: I have a Dell Latitude 5520, windows 11. I have been trying for 2 days to clean my temp files. Still, it says there are files open that need to be closed ,I'm not a professional and got the laptop for school so I don't know anything about programs or what file does what,I did...
  4. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  5. How to get rid of temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of temp files: I have an annoying issue with temp files being created any time I'm using the computer. I try to delete them, but the next time I look in folder, there are more temp files. Can you please tell me how to stop these temp from being created in the first place?...
  6. How to get rid of temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get rid of temp files: I have an annoying issue with temp files being created any time I'm using the computer. I try to delete them, but the next time I look in folder, there are more temp files. Can you please tell me how to stop these temp from being created in the first place?...
  7. How to get rid of temp files

8. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  9. Admin Access to temp files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Access to temp files: I dont have have admin access to delete temp files when I am the admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-access-to-temp-files/6579d361-9f58-4718-afbc-1b15975f40a1
  10. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...