Windows 10: temp file, services crashing or unable to start

Discus and support temp file, services crashing or unable to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, i have been having this issue for a while now. Some of my services fail or are not able to start. also some 3rd party apps that i deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carlos Anderson-Mclean, Mar 25, 2020.

1. temp file, services crashing or unable to start

Hi there, i have been having this issue for a while now. Some of my services fail or are not able to start. also some 3rd party apps that i deleted still show up in my storage when i delete other things.

Service:GraphicsPerfSvc

Storage left: 1.67GB out of 26.2GB

:)

Carlos Anderson-Mclean, Mar 25, 2020

2. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 25, 2020
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 25, 2020
  4. temp file, services crashing or unable to start

Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

temp file, services crashing or unable to start

1. temp file, services crashing or unable to start - Similar Threads - temp file services

2. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  3. Unable to remove temp files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove temp files.: I recently tried updating my system to Windows 11 through https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 and I decided not to, so I forcefully shut it down through the task manager. Now my C: Drive has temp download files taking over 10GB of my space. How can I...
  4. Unable to remove temp files.

Unable to remove temp files.: I recently tried updating my system to Windows 11 through https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 and I decided not to, so I forcefully shut it down through the task manager. Now my C: Drive has temp download files taking over 10GB of my space. How can I...
  5. Unable to remove temp files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Unable to start windows update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start windows update service: After my Windows 10 1909 stopped working I was forced to install Windows 11. But the requirements did not match. So I made some modifications and bypassed the requirements and installed Windows 11. Everything was working fine. But after some days I tried to install WhatsApp...
  7. Unable to start windows update service

Unable to start windows update service: After my Windows 10 1909 stopped working I was forced to install Windows 11. But the requirements did not match. So I made some modifications and bypassed the requirements and installed Windows 11. Everything was working fine. But after some days I tried to install WhatsApp...
  8. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...
  9. Conexant SmartAudio Service unable to start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant SmartAudio Service unable to start: I have a Lenovo G50 PC running Windows 10. It unexpectedly stopped playing audio. I have tried reinstalling both the RealTek audio drivers and the Conexant SmartAudio driver, but the problem still persists. The status of the sound device, Conexant SmartAudio HD, is "okay",...
  10. Unable to start Windows Defender service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to start Windows Defender service: My Defender service has stopped working. Description of behaviour is below. In the security settings, it says the service has stopped. There is a button to restart but clicking it returns an error message. Unexpected error, it appears there is a problem, try again later :...