Windows 10: Temp Files are being generated too fast

Discus and support Temp Files are being generated too fast in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Temp files are being generated at an enormous rate of 50-60GB within an hour or so and I'm getting storage space issue. I'm deleting them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pradeep N, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Pradeep N Win User

Temp Files are being generated too fast

Hi,

Temp files are being generated at an enormous rate of 50-60GB within an hour or so and I'm getting storage space issue. I'm deleting them frequently but still they seem to be regenerated . This has never happened until past 2 days. Please help me ge rid of them

:)

Pradeep N, Jan 14, 2020

2. Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Temp Files are being generated too fast

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Temp Files are being generated too fast

1. Temp Files are being generated too fast - Similar Threads - Temp Files are

2. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder: Hi,Every 5 minutes or so, 11 .evtx files are generated in C:\Windows\Temp. One evtx starts with SystemOne evtx starts with ApplicationThe the rest are Microsoft-Windows- followed...
  3. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder: Hi,Every 5 minutes or so, 11 .evtx files are generated in C:\Windows\Temp. One evtx starts with SystemOne evtx starts with ApplicationThe the rest are Microsoft-Windows- followed...
  4. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  6. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  7. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow: On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally....
  8. Mouse too fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse too fast: Hey, my mouse is running too fast, tried everything, reinstalling my windows and drivers, nothing works pls help. ps. It started after an Windows opdate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-too-fast/554498a7-bf8d-4db2-9f16-95a20c5e5e88
  9. Files being duplicated in temp folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files being duplicated in temp folder: Hello, A few months ago a virus appeared on my Windows 10 device, and was apparently deleted by Kaspersky. Since then, I have had many issues like black screen on boot up, the computer not detecting my mouse, overheating and other various graphic issues. I looked into my...
  10. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder: Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program. When I tried to copy and paste something in a text file it showed the file location to this...