Windows 10: Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the...

Discus and support Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This type of files are appear while working in excel files or saving them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roshan Rokka, May 30, 2023.

1. Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the...

This type of files are appear while working in excel files or saving them.

:)

Roshan Rokka, May 30, 2023
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 30, 2023
  3. Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, May 30, 2023
  4. Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the...

Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the...

1. Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the... - Similar Threads - Temp files are

2. I9-13900k and saving Excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I9-13900k and saving Excel files: I am having major failures in saving Excel workbooks Large and Small.The files get corrupt sometimes, when I try to re-open the workbook to quickly within 45 seconds or shutdown the computer with in a minute or 2.I am using an I9-13900k processor and 32gb ram and nvme drives...
  3. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Macro File Saving Problem: Hello Friends, Here I am new so, please help me. I received a message/error "There isn't enough memory to complete this action" when I save my MACRO File. I try all things from YOUTUBE but not helpful....
  4. Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening

Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening: When I am moving, copying, renaming files in File Explorer, which is set to "double-click to open", I have no difficulties, except with Excel files. Even hovering over the name, let alone a single-click will make them open. How do I stop this? I don't know if the same thing...
  5. Files becoming locked while working on them

Files becoming locked while working on them: Hello, I'm a young artist, and I use Windows 10 Home on a Dell laptop. Quite often while I'm working on art, I'll try to save it, and a notification pops up on my paint program that says "The file cannot be saved because it is locked" then it states that the file has been...
  6. save excel files to one drive

save excel files to one drive: I just updated my computer and now my office files will not update automatically, or sync, to the cloud. when I go to onedrive and use excel online everything works fine, and when I go to my offline excel the changes show up just fine. However, when I make changes to the...
  7. how to save a excel file as a database file.

how to save a excel file as a database file.: can not remember when I save a excel sheet as a database file. Is it .dbf or some other ending? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-excel-file-as-a-database-file/01ea6bb9-b056-4b0f-8dce-64a07f4ba952"
  8. Excel file saving problem. File disappeared.

Excel file saving problem. File disappeared.: Excel file had problem saving. Window asked if report to Microsoft. Now, excel file disappeared. There is a .tmp file. Where is my excel file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-file-saving-problem-file-disappeared/c1450290-5248-4c9f-aeb2-47702d4bdc54"
  9. excel files won't save.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    excel files won't save.: I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/excel-files-wont-save/cc2fe25e-6973-408c-a9f8-bd23118886e3
  10. Why are these temp files created ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are these temp files created ?: I've noticed a folder that builds up hundreds of temp files inside with names like 1A72CF2C.tmp and 1CF741E1.tmp. The path to the directory is: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Content.MSO They can be...