Windows 10: Temp Files at 151GB

Discus and support Temp Files at 151GB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a warning that I was running out of storage on my Surface Laptop with 238GB, which had never happened before. It appears as though temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieLogan, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Temp Files at 151GB

I recently got a warning that I was running out of storage on my Surface Laptop with 238GB, which had never happened before. It appears as though temp files are taking up 151GB of that storage, way more than anything else. When I navigate to the %temp% folder to try and delete some, it says there is only 1.6GB of temp files. I ran several malware scanners and cleared some cookies and I used Windows' Storage sense but it was only able to clear up small amounts that were eventually filled again. Please help!!!

Info: Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB

:)

CharlieLogan, Nov 5, 2019

2. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 5, 2019
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Temp Files at 151GB

Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Temp Files at 151GB

1. Temp Files at 151GB - Similar Threads - Temp Files 151GB

2. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  3. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  4. Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files: Hi I am writing this to ask if deleting my temporary downlaod files will cause problems with my pc as it says 'Warning: These are files in your personal downlaods folder. Select this if you'd like to delete everything. This does not respect your storage sense configuration'...
  5. Temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files: Hi I am writing this to ask if deleting my temporary downlaod files will cause problems with my pc as it says 'Warning: These are files in your personal downlaods folder. Select this if you'd like to delete everything. This does not respect your storage sense configuration'...
  6. Temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temp files: I keep seeing temp files pop up in my flash drive everytime I make a change in a WORD or EXCEL file. I tried to correct this behavior by running System Restore. No dice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-files/25c50dc0-73c8-4ed7-be42-397cddbdc996
  8. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...
  9. Temp Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp Files: Files are being created in my Temp folder, several thousand per day. The files are all named the same except for the number. The following is typical: ISUSMP_9073000915651819688_TEMP. What is the reason for this and how can I stop it?...
  10. Temp Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Temp Files: I don't have a folder named C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCach\IE When I run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner,It says there are temporary internet files there. Why don't I see this folder? [img] [img] 85601