Windows 10: "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!!

Discus and support "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was running out of space in my C drive and decided to do disk clean up I opened storage/C drive/Temp files up. I clicked on all of the options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MamonShareef, Mar 21, 2019.

1. "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!!

I was running out of space in my C drive and decided to do disk clean up

I opened storage/C drive/Temp files up. I clicked on all of the options assuming all the option are for temporary and misc. files that I don't need

left the computed running and walked away, came back and all my files and programs are wiped out

How can this happen?? what did I do wrong?

Also I did this in the C drive but my D drive was wiped out as well

Even my dropbox synced folder was deleted and lost all my files

Question I have is what did I do wrong? and is there a way to recover my files?

Thanks

:)

MamonShareef, Mar 21, 2019

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 21, 2019
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Mar 21, 2019
  4. "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!!

Cannot delete files in Temp

~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp

Those filenames, iirc, I have seen files of that naming nature made by applications created in Visual Basic in the past, & they did not tend to cleanup @ shutdown of the apps that made them.

A list of apps you run @ startup could help us help you understand which apps are creating them possibly, just so you know & then you might be able to find apps that do the same task but do not leave a mess around in your %TEMP%/%TMP% folders.

Also, providing us a list of taskmgr.exe apps via a screenshot of it isn't going to hurt either, just so you understand what may be causing that last filename (~ROMFN_000007A8 )

We're all fairly sure the performance monitoring the system does creates this one though -> Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat @ this point.

In any event, I would guess it's apps you run @ system startup, either from the registry RUN areas, &/or startup groups, for the first 3 filenames, mainly because your safemode booting allows you to delete the files & safemode typically doesn't run anything absolutely not necessary to system function (like registry RUN areas & startup group apps).

APK

Alec§taar, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

"temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!!

1. "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!! - Similar Threads - temp files cleaup

2. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  3. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  4. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  5. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  6. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is it safe to delet all the files in the temp section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to delet all the files in the temp section: Hello i wanted to free up storage but then i saw the temp files and had over 100 files and i waas wondering if i can delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delet-all-the-files-in-the-temp/140fb544-cb1c-4cf1-a303-a7cb9b4bdf7c
  8. deleting temp files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting temp files: I am scanning my system with IO Bit driver booster. The program gave me a detail scan report. It says system has a lot of junk files for example 3228=C:\Users\koeradera\AppData\Local\Temp\ndrhn3zm.1hh\ja\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Installer.Common.resources.dll...
  9. Help in deleting a temp Viber file!

Help in deleting a temp Viber file!: Because I was performing a cleanup of files and there were files I couldn't delete. Although I know to end task of OneDrive for files that can't be deleted, and restarting OneDrive with the code I have, but then I couldn't do that with my Viber app on desktop as I do not...
  10. Delete Temp Files

Delete Temp Files: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq SFF 8200 desk top PC, MY operating system is Windowa 10 Home 64 bit. while doing housekeeping on my pc, I go to the disk cleanup mode, one of the items that I check is " Temporary Files" after the cleanup process is...