Windows 10: Temp files showing up in file explorer

Discus and support Temp files showing up in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JD_08, Mar 6, 2020.

1. JD_08 Win User

Temp files showing up in file explorer

Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried deleting the temps but it wont let me. I also ran CCleaner and nothing. Have searched the internet but have found no answer to this issue. If someone here could help me , would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:)

JD_08, Mar 6, 2020

2. Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 jump lists showing temp files

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the reply. I did what you have suggested. But the thing is jump
    list items are shortcuts
    to the files and/or folders not the files and/or folders themselves. Now the %temp%, temp and prefetch folders are empty but the links to jump-list still remains. So now when I click on them, it shows me this.

Temp files  showing up in file explorer f66301c1-ec59-44ce-b0be-d52388066def.png

Can you suggest something else?

Thanks and regards,

Sahaj.

Sahaj Panchal, Mar 6, 2020
  4. ilaval Win User

temp files

Hi i have Lumia 520 i have a problem in deleting temp files.when i go to phone storage and check it is showing 2.31gb of data in temp files if i try to delete that it is displaying message that deleting temp files but data is still there.please suggest
    me solution.

ilaval, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Temp files showing up in file explorer - Similar Threads - Temp files showing

2. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  3. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  6. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  7. Server showing up in File Explorer

Server showing up in File Explorer: I have a server private cloud attached to my PC. Windows 10 Professional. The server doesn't show up under File Explorer. How do I enable that? The computer is used by three people who access the same server; for both their Microsoft accounts, they can see the files in...
  8. Temp file in File Explorer

Temp file in File Explorer: Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each time it appears it...
  9. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  10. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...