Windows 10: temp files

Discus and support temp files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep seeing temp files pop up in my flash drive everytime I make a change in a WORD or EXCEL file. I tried to correct this behavior by running System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaRobertsIowa, Mar 11, 2022.

1. temp files

I keep seeing temp files pop up in my flash drive everytime I make a change in a WORD or EXCEL file. I tried to correct this behavior by running System Restore. No dice.

:)

LindaRobertsIowa, Mar 11, 2022

2. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 11, 2022
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

Disk cleanup in Windows

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 11, 2022
  4. temp files

Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

temp files

1. temp files - Similar Threads - temp files

2. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  3. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  4. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I increase temp file: When I’m playing a game it freezes saying temp file full but when I check it only has a few mb when I have 400GB of C:/ disk memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-temp-file/0e097838-89d7-402a-bed5-c56b9a293415
  5. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase temp file: When I’m playing a game it freezes saying temp file full but when I check it only has a few mb when I have 400GB of C:/ disk memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-temp-file/0e097838-89d7-402a-bed5-c56b9a293415
  6. How do I increase temp file

7. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  8. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  9. Hello , huge temp file, no idea how to open, 14 gb. Please help, thank you

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello , huge temp file, no idea how to open, 14 gb. Please help, thank you: Hello , my issue is i have this temporary file on my desktop and it's 14 GBS and for the death of me I can't find any program, app nothing that will tell me what it is muchless open it, it's eating up so much of my hard drive but as I said I've got no clue what it is without...
  10. Hello , huge temp file, no idea how to open, 14 gb. Please help, thank you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , huge temp file, no idea how to open, 14 gb. Please help, thank you: Hello , my issue is i have this temporary file on my desktop and it's 14 GBS and for the death of me I can't find any program, app nothing that will tell me what it is muchless open it, it's eating up so much of my hard drive but as I said I've got no clue what it is without...