Windows 10: Temp Folder Emptied?

Discus and support Temp Folder Emptied? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does the Temp folder get emptied regularly? I have a screensaver that stores the options in the Temp folder, and every weekend I have to setup the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shawnadam, Dec 24, 2019.

1. shawnadam Win User

Temp Folder Emptied?

Does the Temp folder get emptied regularly? I have a screensaver that stores the options in the Temp folder, and every weekend I have to setup the options again. Something is clearing the folder out every weekend, I just had to go in and redo the setting again this morning, and I have no idea what it is. I do not remember setting anything up to empty the folder. If anyone has any suggestions of things that I can check, please let me know. Setting up the screen saver is not hard, but it just bugs me what is doing this. I am not sure how long this has been going on, but I never remember this happening on my old computer.

Thanks.

-- Shawn

P.S. My Windows Version Number is 1903, and the old computer was an older version (I think it might have been the previous version.)

:)

shawnadam, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 jump lists showing temp files

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the reply. I did what you have suggested. But the thing is jump
    list items are shortcuts
    to the files and/or folders not the files and/or folders themselves. Now the %temp%, temp and prefetch folders are empty but the links to jump-list still remains. So now when I click on them, it shows me this.

Temp Folder Emptied? f66301c1-ec59-44ce-b0be-d52388066def.png

Can you suggest something else?

Thanks and regards,

Sahaj.

Sahaj Panchal, Dec 24, 2019
  4. kma54 Win User

Temp Folder Emptied?

windows 10 folder documents show as empty!

In my folders the documents are listed as empty - please help with steps to change the way they are opened?

kma54, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Temp Folder Emptied?

1. Temp Folder Emptied? - Similar Threads - Temp Folder Emptied

2. Huge number of empty folders in my Windows 11 Windows\Temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge number of empty folders in my Windows 11 Windows\Temp folder: Is this a problem? I seem to have very many folders sitting in windows\temp, which remain even after doing a full Disk Cleanup. meaning even after doing a Clean Up System Files.,I suppose I could delete them all using File Explorer, but that should not be necessary. How many...
  3. Huge number of empty folders in my Windows 11 Windows\Temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge number of empty folders in my Windows 11 Windows\Temp folder: Is this a problem? I seem to have very many folders sitting in windows\temp, which remain even after doing a full Disk Cleanup. meaning even after doing a Clean Up System Files.,I suppose I could delete them all using File Explorer, but that should not be necessary. How many...
  4. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  5. How is this a thing? (%Temp% is empty)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is this a thing? (%Temp% is empty): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fluxxum_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzp5tk/how_is_this_a_thing_temp_is_empty/
  6. %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  7. Windows\Temp Empty Folders

Windows\Temp Empty Folders: Starting this month, I have noticed a bunch of empty folders being created in the Windows\Temp folder. This is occurring on both v1809 and v1903. They appear to be generated shortly after boot up creating approximately 19 of these folders each time. The empty folders have the...
  8. C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\InFlight EMPTY FOLDERS

C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\InFlight EMPTY FOLDERS: I have run Disk Cleanup for System Files already a few times and it has done nothing to delete the 4400+ empty folders in C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\InFlight. I know enough to never delete even a single file in the Windows folder. What about completely empty folders though?...
  9. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  10. Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder: Recently, based upon advice I read on another site, I moved the location of the system temporary folder from my SSD to my HDD. Now, I have empty temporary folders (at least they start with Temp) appearing outside the system temporary folder. Here's a screenshot: [img]...