Windows 10: TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

Discus and support TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by terrypinVG, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each of them.

AppXDeploymentServer_B1874DF3-7BCE-0006-9D58-88B1CE7BD401
    AppxErrorReport_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.txt
    AppXPackaging_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.evtx

Possibly connected with previous night's WU to 1803 (OS Build 17134.407).

I deleted all of the files and they stopped.

But as I feared, after a reboot this morning they are being downloaded again at a rate of every second or so.

In Services I found AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC):
    "Provides infrastructure support for deploying Store applications. This service is started on demand and if disabled Store applications will not
    be deployed to the system, and may not function properly."

It is enabled and set to Manual. But it cannot be stopped or disabled, at least without deleting some of its upstream dependencies, which I'm not going to attempt:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3argca7843sxfdt/Appx-1.jpg?raw=1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the issue without major side effects please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

terrypinVG, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Bert22306 Win User

appx*****.tmp files won't delete in Windows\temp (Windows 10)

Hi all. Suddenly, beginning October 22 2015, I got a batch of files called appx*******.tmp files in my Windows\Temp folder. When I try to clean out this folder, I get a message that the files are in use. Why?

Appx deployment service seems to be running, in windows services, but I seem unable to stop it. Why is it constantly running, starting on October 22? I just figured out how to delete the Seaport nuisance constantly running, and now this.

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Thanks!

Bert22306, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Nov 15, 2018
  4. TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

1. TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped - Similar Threads - TEMP folder filling

2. Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files: Hello,I'm using Windows 11. My Local temp folder for my user C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Temp is filling up with these huge text files 35-45 GB each that are a date format followed by mservice.txt. There is one for each day for about the past week, for example the one for...
  3. Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files: Hello,I'm using Windows 11. My Local temp folder for my user C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Temp is filling up with these huge text files 35-45 GB each that are a date format followed by mservice.txt. There is one for each day for about the past week, for example the one for...
  4. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  5. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  6. %temp% folder filling up fast

%temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  7. Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files: I have been having issues with the Disk going to 100% and basically making my Windows 10 system (Version 1903 OS Build 18362.720) unusable. I tried many many potential solutions to no avail. Search the internet many times. I notice when I ran antivirus scan, the disk usage...
  8. Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files: seems like 1 file per second.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-temp-folder-filling-up-with-same-sized/fd697516-5a7c-4d06-9041-2ae5bb0207f5
  9. AppX filling up temp file!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppX filling up temp file!: What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you....
  10. Appx file in temp folder .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Appx file in temp folder .: What does it do in temp folder Appxxx.tmp file, What is its work ??? Does have any privacy issue ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appx-file-in-temp-folder/6447268e-bf59-41ff-96dd-d7ff29d71767"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AppXdeploymentserver

2. appxdeploymentserver fills up hard drive

3. appxdeploymentserver filling up temp

4. get-appxpackage filling up temp folder,
  5. appx filling up temp folder,
  6. mpsigstub.exe appxpackaging files temp,
  7. appx deployment files filling up hard drive,
  8. appxerrorreport filling disk space,
  9. stop appx temp files,
  10. appxd deployment server temp file,
  11. appxdeploymentserver filling up hard drive,