Windows 10: temp folder is invalid

Discus and support temp folder is invalid in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with the temp folder, when i want to download a app it says that the temp folder is not valid. i can enter the folder and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by milanwimmers, May 10, 2020.

1. temp folder is invalid

I have a problem with the temp folder,

when i want to download a app it says that the temp folder is not valid.

i can enter the folder and it is used for other apps

can anyone help me?

already thanks,

Milan

:)

milanwimmers, May 10, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, May 10, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 10, 2020
  4. temp folder is invalid

OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, May 10, 2020
Thema:

temp folder is invalid

1. temp folder is invalid - Similar Threads - temp folder invalid

2. Files on temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on temp folder: I installed windows 10 and all my files went to temp folder. How can I get it back to original folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-temp-folder/d1f1b4db-30f0-461b-bee9-45e2a672c0b6
  3. malware in temp folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware in temp folder?: i fount when i was deleting my temp files, a folder name FS-capricorn, inside there is a file called AV-malwarethis may be nothing but im not sure,thank you in advance...
  4. Restoring temp folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring temp folder.: My fiancée is always trying to makes her stock laptop computer personalized. In the process she somehow deleted the temp save folder location so now we can’t install things downloaded from the internet. Can someone help me fix this? submitted by /u/CheetosAddict [link]...
  5. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  6. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  7. OneDrive Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive HDD of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data to OneDrive but I am unable to. I get a message that "Space required on your C:\ drive: 245 GB", which I don't have. I...
  8. %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  9. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  10. Lot of folders in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Lot of folders in Temp folder: Hello, Making some search, found lot of folders here: "C:\users\me\appdat\local\temp..", they use about 7.3 GB. Most of them contain almost same files inside. Attached here screenshot part of the main list of folders, and one of the inside files. How about deleting them to...