Windows 10: Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives

Discus and support Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; EVERY time I put a flash drive in my PC, windows installs a temp folder on it full of crap which is usually undeleteable. I can eventually get access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by minmatarmelody, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives

EVERY time I put a flash drive in my PC, windows installs a temp folder on it full of crap which is usually undeleteable. I can eventually get access to kill it, by removing it and reinstalling it, then quickly deleting it while it's not looking or something. Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives ;)
    It always says some file is in use inside, I forget the name, used by kmplayer.dat, whatever that is.

What the hell is this, and is there any way to prevent it?
    It annoys the hell out of me because it screws up a folder structure I have to navigate blindly, by memory, on my stereo.

Thanks

:)

minmatarmelody, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Jan 19, 2019
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    flash drive

you might open command prompt and view the folders in that flash drive, assuming you know the flash drive's Letter and change F below to its drive Letter;

dir F:\ this will list all the folders<dir> foldername

Then you can delete a folder to make some room after copying that folder to your hard drive, might use a command like

MKdir c:\temp this will make a temp folder on your C drive

xcopy F:\foldername c:\temp this will move the folder to c:\temp , look & verify before you delete the folder contents on your flash drive;

DEL F:\foldername

'Mike P, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives

Files keep getting corrupted on my flash drive

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to enable "Better Performance" on the flash driver from the Device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager (Press Windows key + letter 'X' and choose Device Manager).
    • Expand Disk Drives.
    • Right click on the flash drive and choose "Properties."
    • Under the Policies tab, choose "Better Performance" and Apply changes.
    • Restart the computer and check the issue status.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives

1. Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives - Similar Threads - Temp folder keeps

2. Temp files getting stuck in flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files getting stuck in flash drive: Temp files are still popping up in my flash drive, and do not disappear unless I remove them manually. These are Word and Excel files. How do I correct this?...
  3. Temp files getting stuck in flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files getting stuck in flash drive: Temp files are still popping up in my flash drive, and do not disappear unless I remove them manually. These are Word and Excel files. How do I correct this?...
  4. Temp files getting stuck in flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Temp folder keeps losing permissions?

Temp folder keeps losing permissions?: My Temp folder under my username keeps losing permission. I am the sole user of this computer and the administrator.I need to set full permission for everyone every now and then.Path: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local...
  6. Deleted folder on flash drive

Deleted folder on flash drive: I erroneously deleted a folder on a flash drive. The folder contains ~ 22 files Word docs and pdf's. Can I restore it to the flash drive? Thanks, John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-folder-on-flash-drive/58cb0082-d0f5-46a5-a5b2-147e82afe789"
  7. Mat-Debug FILES appearing in temp folders WHAT are these

Mat-Debug FILES appearing in temp folders WHAT are these: There are hundreds of these files appearing in my temp folders. what are they and how do I get rid of them? Mat-debug files are followed by a series of numbers....
  8. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  9. Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder: Recently, based upon advice I read on another site, I moved the location of the system temporary folder from my SSD to my HDD. Now, I have empty temporary folders (at least they start with Temp) appearing outside the system temporary folder. Here's a screenshot: [img]...
  10. deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive: "temp" folder being created in "C' drive when windows start but its empty! how to get rid of it? https://i.imgur.com/HD2fRpt.jpg its not usually there. 99690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash drive creating folder named Temp