Windows 10: Temp folder location for standard user

Discus and support Temp folder location for standard user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have two users in my PC - 'admin' and 'me'. I use 'me' for normal use, and switch to 'admin' only if I need to do something specific.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KiLai, Aug 14, 2021.

1. KiLai Win User

Temp folder location for standard user

Hi, I have two users in my PC - 'admin' and 'me'. I use 'me' for normal use, and switch to 'admin' only if I need to do something specific.I have changed all temp paths, in environment variables, for 'admin' to point to 'c:\_Temp\'. When I login as 'me', different paths, which point to location under c:\Users-folder, are used: if I open command prompt and type 'cd %temp%' it changes location to c:\Users...If I open the environment variables settings, while logged in as 'me', admin password is required, and after entering it, paths for 'admin' are shown.And finally the question: how do I set te

:)

KiLai, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 14, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    location of temp folder

Hi Sam

The Temp folder in Windows 10 is located here (replace UserName with your account name):

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp

In File Explorer, to be able to see that folder, on the View Ribbon, temporarily turn on 'Hidden Items'

May I ask can you please provide the exact text of the error you are seeing, including any dialog heading and what are you doing when this pops up?

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Temp folder location for standard user - Similar Threads - Temp folder location

2. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...: I was having trouble logging in - Windows was refusing to do this even though everything had been fine for years. In playing with the computer I created a temporary user. But then things got straightened out and I could log into my account. The trouble is, the standard...
  3. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...: I was having trouble logging in - Windows was refusing to do this even though everything had been fine for years. In playing with the computer I created a temporary user. But then things got straightened out and I could log into my account. The trouble is, the standard...
  4. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users: Hi All,I want to give some non-admin domain users, access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for clearing the junk/unnecessary files through the GPO using windows server 2019 or local security policies.How can I do this can anyone help me out here?...
  6. Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp: Is the data present in "C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp" will be cleaned up automatically ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-cusersusernameappdatalocaltemp/a917c46b-5ca4-4eb0-bce0-bbcd1b24f2e5
  7. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted: [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents...
  8. Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after changing TEMP folder's location: Hi. I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the location of the TEMP folder for the user and for windows itself. I already did this on another computer and everything went...
  9. location of temp folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    location of temp folder: I keep being notified by just about everything that my "temp" folder has gone walkabout. Where does it belong? Sam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-temp-folder/9ca1783e-6abd-4fc1-9ab9-48822fdd507c
  10. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...