Windows 10: "Temp folder" mistakenly moved

Discus and support "Temp folder" mistakenly moved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I believe this occurred upon restarting from a recent Win10 update. A notice popped up saying something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanMarxer, Oct 4, 2019.

1. "Temp folder" mistakenly moved

I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I believe this occurred upon restarting from a recent Win10 update. A notice popped up saying something about my "temp" folder getting full and asking my permission to move it. I had no idea what I was doing but figured they did, so I clicked OK. Now none of my programs save "recent files" in the File menu.

I have no clue where it got moved to, but is there an easy way to restore it to the default location? I regularly run the clean up task under C drive tools, and have more than 3/4 of my drive unused on my Lenovo laptop.

While I'm waiting for a reply I'm going to hopefully try a System Restore (It seems like I just set that up shortly before this problem started.) I wish I'd tried that before coming to this forum, but I'm going to type my question while I'm here.

I'm sorry my explanation is so vague. It was one of those 3 second pop-ups. I just wish I would have ignored it.

:)

SusanMarxer, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Oct 4, 2019
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Oct 4, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

"Temp folder" mistakenly moved

moving temp folder location

How did you move the temp folder(s) ? Normally you'd first create new temp folder(s) then set the environment variable(s) for USER/SYSTEM to point to the new temp folder(s) as shown:

"Temp folder" mistakenly moved [​IMG]

If you moved the folder completely then just re-create it.

topgundcp, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

"Temp folder" mistakenly moved

1. "Temp folder" mistakenly moved - Similar Threads - Temp folder mistakenly

2. Desktop folder location set at disk d: mistakenly. Now cant Move it to a specified folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder location set at disk d: mistakenly. Now cant Move it to a specified folder.: After I have created the disc Partition D: , I changed the desktop location to a direct D drive without creating any specified desktop folder on the D partition, now the whole partition acts as a desktop partition. If I create any new folder in the D partition it comes on my...
  3. Desktop folder location set at disk d: mistakenly. Now cant Move it to a specified folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder location set at disk d: mistakenly. Now cant Move it to a specified folder.: After I have created the disc Partition D: , I changed the desktop location to a direct D drive without creating any specified desktop folder on the D partition, now the whole partition acts as a desktop partition. If I create any new folder in the D partition it comes on my...
  4. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  5. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  6. Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder: [ATTACH] My xbox game capture is in my temp folder and I want to move it, but cannot. Can anyone help me with this issue. https://preview.redd.it/lfhtowhptcn41.png?width=473&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb2269d1abc92733b73af6bde5e3f6a5ee319a1c submitted by /u/realjrjelly...
  7. Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder: Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of...
  8. %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  9. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  10. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...