Windows 10: Temp folder %temp %

Discus and support Temp folder %temp % in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maranna, Mar 10, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

Temp folder %temp %

Hello
    I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA.
    I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all.
    I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    TY
    Peter

:)

maranna, Mar 10, 2016
  2. Toom28 Win User

Temp folder

Thank you very much. Clear and fast help.

Toom28, Mar 10, 2016
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    Temp folder

Hi,

You can also do it the following way:

• Open up a File Explorer
    • Click on View in the upper left corner.

Temp folder    %temp % [​IMG]

• Check the Hidden items box in the upper right corner.

Temp folder    %temp % [​IMG]

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Mar 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Temp folder %temp %

It's good to be cautious. That Folder may be important to your graphics adapter and removal could cause problems. However, I have deleted such Folders without issues except once and all I had to do was re-install the drivers.

Berton, Mar 10, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    That's the compiled shader cache used to optimize operation when running games and everything else that uses compiled shaders. Leave it alone. It's not that great in size anyway.

If you want to delete it anyway open your nVidia Control Panel and untick the shader cache box and restart, but performance may suffer.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 10, 2016
  6. maranna Win User
    >>My PC was running fine before those updates so I decided to image back 3 days and it works fine - the folder is gone too. I have made notes of your information for future use and thank you.

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Temp folder %temp %

1. Temp folder %temp % - Similar Threads - Temp folder %temp

2. Temp folder related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder related: I want to know a question is it safe to delete temporary files from %temp% and temporarily folder in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-related/9fd97a9b-5c9b-4603-a702-c1aa50c2bd83
  3. Files on temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on temp folder: I installed windows 10 and all my files went to temp folder. How can I get it back to original folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-temp-folder/d1f1b4db-30f0-461b-bee9-45e2a672c0b6
  4. malware in temp folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware in temp folder?: i fount when i was deleting my temp files, a folder name FS-capricorn, inside there is a file called AV-malwarethis may be nothing but im not sure,thank you in advance...
  5. Restoring temp folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring temp folder.: My fiancée is always trying to makes her stock laptop computer personalized. In the process she somehow deleted the temp save folder location so now we can’t install things downloaded from the internet. Can someone help me fix this? submitted by /u/CheetosAddict [link]...
  6. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  7. temp folder is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temp folder is invalid: I have a problem with the temp folder, when i want to download a app it says that the temp folder is not valid. i can enter the folder and it is used for other apps can anyone help me? already thanks, Milan...
  8. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  9. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive HDD of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data to OneDrive but I am unable to. I get a message that "Space required on your C:\ drive: 245 GB", which I don't have. I...
  10. %temp% folder

%temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...