Windows 10: TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files

Discus and support TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. With both evtx and txt files. Regards Juozas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuozasUrnikis, Jul 5, 2020.

1. TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files

Hello,

I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. With both evtx and txt files.

Regards Juozas

Edit: I wrote a larger message but since I now somewhat know what is wrong I'm editing it.

Somewhat of a solution:

The workaround I found for this problem would be like this.

First right click on Start and select Run.after writing those in press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to open as administrator

1.Than write in resmon.exe in that select the Disk tab there and disable these processesI don't know if it will work and if you need to do this step but this is how I did it:

svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted -p

svchost.exe -k wsappx -p

2.Write in services.msc there find Windows Event Log right click properties and change startup type to disabled.

3. Write in powershell.exe and copy this text and press enter:

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* Remove-AppxPackage

This doesn't fix the underlying problem it only stops disk usage because those errors are no longer being written so if someone know what it is it would be great if you could explain it because thousands seem to be having this problem but there is no response from Microsoft on what is causing it and I had to find this workaround between a few different places.

And if someone could put this in the featured it would be great because a lot of people are having this problem.

:)

JuozasUrnikis, Jul 5, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each of them.

AppXDeploymentServer_B1874DF3-7BCE-0006-9D58-88B1CE7BD401
    AppxErrorReport_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.txt
    AppXPackaging_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.evtx

Possibly connected with last night's WU to 1803 (OS Build 17134.407).

I deleted all of the files and they stopped.

But as I feared, after a reboot this morning they are being downloaded again at a rate of every second or so.

In Services I found AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC):
    "Provides infrastructure support for deploying Store applications. This
    service is started on demand and if disabled Store applications will not
    be deployed to the system, and may not function properly."

It is enabled and set to Manual. But it cannot be stopped or disabled, at least without deleting some of its upstream dependencies, which I'm not going to attempt:
    Screenshot

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the issue without major side effects please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jul 5, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files

Keep getting this error causing my temp file to be filled up - what to do?

Hi Jesper,

That windowscommunicationsapps refers to the People, and the Mail and Calendar Apps

Is your Temp folder filling up with evtx files?

Click this link to download the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and run that to see if it can resolve this issue:

http://aka.ms/diag_apps10

DaveM121, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files

1. TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files - Similar Threads - TEMP System folder

2. Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files: Hello,I'm using Windows 11. My Local temp folder for my user C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Temp is filling up with these huge text files 35-45 GB each that are a date format followed by mservice.txt. There is one for each day for about the past week, for example the one for...
  3. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  4. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  5. Non system HDD drive keeps filling up itself. I delete files. It fills itself magically....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non system HDD drive keeps filling up itself. I delete files. It fills itself magically....: Aight, the saga continiues. My windows 10 pc's 3rd hdd (regular hdd, drive E:) keeps filling up. Yesterday I thought I was imagining it and that I just forgot to delete files. So I deleted some files and had free space. Behold - today the HDD is full again. Any ideas what...
  6. Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files: This has been ongoing for a while now but I'm finally irritated enough by it to post. Every few weeks, our temp files folder gets filled up wit a bunch of .evtx files. I delete them all 118k of them and they come back as fast as I can delete them. It goes on for a few days...
  7. TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?: Hello, I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. And it's not the regular Temp folder, I'm not sure if that's how it's called but in the Kaspersky tools section which I use to delete it every two days it's called the Temp...
  8. Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files: I have been having issues with the Disk going to 100% and basically making my Windows 10 system (Version 1903 OS Build 18362.720) unusable. I tried many many potential solutions to no avail. Search the internet many times. I notice when I ran antivirus scan, the disk usage...
  9. Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files: seems like 1 file per second.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-temp-folder-filling-up-with-same-sized/fd697516-5a7c-4d06-9041-2ae5bb0207f5
  10. Windows temp folder filling quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows temp folder filling quickly: Hi everyone, please could someone advise? Since latest mega windows update a week or so ago my PC has been running out of disk space each evening, I cleared all pictures, videos and other files off C drive. Drive was a little on heavy side anyway (250gb SSD) so I've ordered a...