Windows 10: TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?

Discus and support TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. And it's not the regular Temp folder, I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuozasUrnikis, Jul 5, 2020.

1. TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?

Hello,

I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. And it's not the regular Temp folder, I'm not sure if that's how it's called but in the Kaspersky tools section which I use to delete it every two days it's called the Temp System folder and it's not the same as the Temp folder.

Here's a longer explanation:the summary is lower

I've tried all the fixes I could find on the internet but all of them were for the Temp folder so nothing worked. I have set to view hidden folders and show system files but if I right click and see properties nothing takes up this space and in the windows settings and storage section it does show up as used space but it doesn't show what is using it or lets me delete it as I said I keep using Kaspersky to do it.

It's not a windows up date problem. I didn't feature update my laptop for a few days so I first thought that might be the problem but this wasn't happening in the first few days and it didn't stop after installing the update.

I had this problem before and I think I wrote here about this but now it treated me like a new user and I couldn't find that I wrote here. When I had this last time I think to fix it I only had to go to the windows settings or some apps settings and turn something on or off. And now this happened after I took my laptop for repairs so I'm not sure if it's related but the reason I took it for repairs happened before as well where it wouldn't turn itself on. Last time it fixed itself simply after not turning it on for a day this time it lasted a week and still didn't start. So I don't remember if it happened at the same time last time but just like my battery conservation setting keeps turning itself off if the battery is removed and it doesn't matter if the laptop is on or off plugged in or off. So maybe it's related to that problem and I think it in the task manager it shows windows log something using my hard disk.

Also it's possible that this was done on purpose by the repairers because one they wanted my password when my problem was a hardware one and not a software oneas they explained the laptop didn't turn on because it didn't fully turn off I thought maybe it was something else because last time it fixed itself after a day since I had nothing I couldn't show to someone I thought fine so I just gave it to them and two when they got it to work they said to me that the hard disk was working very slowly they were adamant that it is faulty. But I know that there is nothing wrong with it because I don't use this laptop that much and it works as good as it did the day I bought it and if the hard disk was faulty from the beginning it wouldn't have worked for me more than five years problem freehard disk related I mean.

Summary:

So again my Temp System folder keeps filing up until there is no more space if no one has an idea why that at least if someone could tell me how to access the System Temp foldernot the regular temp folder so I could view what files are taking up this space because I think that's how I found what the problem was last time. And it's possible that this was done on purpose by the ones who repaired my laptop.

Regards Juozas

:)

JuozasUrnikis, Jul 5, 2020
  2. PDQpat Win User

C:\Windows\Temp filled up system disk

Thank you. I've deleted them all. Would love to know WHY they are there. I just discovered the location to set environment variables and set all four TMP/TEMP to D:\Temp - this may solve a lot of problems I've been having with thousands of downloads filling
    up C, even if the D drive is slow. I created a scheduled batch file that ran Ccleaner and Cleanmgr.exe on startup "if missed". I don't boot and it's hard to get a task to run on wake, or to wake to run.

Thanks again. Will consider this solved until next time..

PDQpat, Jul 5, 2020
  3. What is the difference between %TEMP% folder and the TEMP folder in C:\Windows\TEMP ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know the difference between C:\ temp and %temp%. We will assist you.

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

Software which use large amounts of data like Graphics, Video or Media editing software also create temporary files.

Temporary files are also created for back up purposes by its respective programs. These temp files are left behind even after the task is over which leads to disk space usage.

The Temporary Files in Windows are typically found located in two locations:

• %systemdrive%\Windows\Temp
    • %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
    The Temporary files created by the Windows operating system are usually stored in the %system%\Windows\Temp folderand this is where the system itself will put temporary files during installations.

The temporary files created by the User when running any software is stored in his user profile at %userprofiles%\AppData\Local\. The other folder typically located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp, is created for each User. This folder
    is hidden and you will have to first ‘un-hide’ System folders from the Folder Options.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 5, 2020
  4. TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution

michaelthompson5, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?

1. TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself? - Similar Threads - TEMP System folder

2. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  3. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  4. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Endlessly filling up with dismhost.exe instance in Temp folder

Endlessly filling up with dismhost.exe instance in Temp folder: It has been getting super annoying for a long time that WindowsMicrosoft Windows. Version 1909, The internal version is: 18363.1556 keeps writing the dismhost.exe and other .dll and .mui files under Appdata\Local\Temp. All the name of these folders, in which contains these...
  6. Endlessly filling up with dismhost.exe instance in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endlessly filling up with dismhost.exe instance in Temp folder: It has been getting super annoying for a long time that WindowsMicrosoft Windows. Version 1909, The internal version is: 18363.1556 keeps writing the dismhost.exe and other .dll and .mui files under Appdata\Local\Temp. All the name of these folders, in which contains these...
  7. Endlessly filling up with dismhost.exe instance in Temp folder

8. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  9. %temp% folder filling up fast

%temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  10. TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files

TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files: Hello, I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. With both evtx and txt files. Regards Juozas Edit: I wrote a larger message but since I now somewhat know what is wrong I'm editing it. Somewhat of a solution: The...