Windows 10: %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

Discus and support %temp%,temp and prefeth files. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SohagTewari, Apr 28, 2021.

1. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday was due to quick heal.As it was keeping track of camera.As i have deleted the %temp% prefetch and temp files are they harmful for my computer because a little slow boot is noticble from yesterday.As read from microsoft community:Each time you turn on your computer, Windows keeps track of the way your computer starts an

:)

SohagTewari, Apr 28, 2021

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 28, 2021
  3. ilaval Win User
    temp files

Hi i have Lumia 520 i have a problem in deleting temp files.when i go to phone storage and check it is showing 2.31gb of data in temp files if i try to delete that it is displaying message that deleting temp files but data is still there.please suggest
    me solution.

ilaval, Apr 28, 2021
  4. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

%temp%,temp and prefeth files.

1. %temp%,temp and prefeth files. - Similar Threads - %temp% temp prefeth

2. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  3. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  4. Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files: Hi I am writing this to ask if deleting my temporary downlaod files will cause problems with my pc as it says 'Warning: These are files in your personal downlaods folder. Select this if you'd like to delete everything. This does not respect your storage sense configuration'...
  5. Temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files: Hi I am writing this to ask if deleting my temporary downlaod files will cause problems with my pc as it says 'Warning: These are files in your personal downlaods folder. Select this if you'd like to delete everything. This does not respect your storage sense configuration'...
  6. Temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. temp files

temp files: I keep seeing temp files pop up in my flash drive everytime I make a change in a WORD or EXCEL file. I tried to correct this behavior by running System Restore. No dice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-files/25c50dc0-73c8-4ed7-be42-397cddbdc996
  8. temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temp files: I keep seeing temp files pop up in my flash drive everytime I make a change in a WORD or EXCEL file. I tried to correct this behavior by running System Restore. No dice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-files/25c50dc0-73c8-4ed7-be42-397cddbdc996
  9. Temp Files

Temp Files: Files are being created in my Temp folder, several thousand per day. The files are all named the same except for the number. The following is typical: ISUSMP_9073000915651819688_TEMP. What is the reason for this and how can I stop it?...
  10. Temp Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Temp Files: I don't have a folder named C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCach\IE When I run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner,It says there are temporary internet files there. Why don't I see this folder? [img] [img] 85601

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Temp %temp% prefetch recent clean is harmfull