Windows 10: TEMP User

Discus and support TEMP User in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I logged onto my computer this afternoon and sorry for vagueness but the desktop glitched and i was signed out. I logged back in, and everything in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OrangeCuber, Jun 12, 2020.

1. TEMP User

I logged onto my computer this afternoon and sorry for vagueness but the desktop glitched and i was signed out. I logged back in, and everything in my desktop downloads and documents, were gone. I did some more research and my desktop is C:\Users\TEMP\Desktop. I went to settings and looked at accounts, and there was no TEMP profile, I was logged in as myselfadministrator. I did more file research, and I found that my user'sme, admin files were still there. But everytime I log in, through the adminme and everything goes back to TEMP. I did online research, so please tell me that my main user is not missing or corrupted. And help me find some way to fix this.

:)

OrangeCuber, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 12, 2020
  4. TEMP User

Windows 10 TEMP User Deleted?

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better kindly let us know if it is Local account you are referring to as TEMP account.

I would suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the referred account exists or not. Please follow below.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz
    If the account exists, use the following steps to copy the old files to the "main" User Profile which you are referring to.

1. Go to
    C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\

2. Copy all files except three files :

NtUser.dat

NtUser.ini

NtUser.log

3. Go to
    C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope the above information is useful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

TEMP User

1. TEMP User - Similar Threads - TEMP User

2. Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU: So two or so days ago I installed a new GPU in my system and windows 10 has locked me out as a temp user for some unknown reason. I only have one user on my system. Is there any way to fix this issue? Windows RE is also broken. As in it won’t let me perform any actions that...
  3. Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU: So two or so days ago I installed a new GPU in my system and windows 10 has locked me out as a temp user for some unknown reason. I only have one user on my system. Is there any way to fix this issue? Windows RE is also broken. As in it won’t let me perform any actions that...
  4. Windows 10 home installation stuck in temp user after installing a GPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem but made worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem but made worse: After Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem it said my normal profile could not be loaded and then I was loading into a temp user, then I went into c:/users and deleted all the temp files, I watched a youtube video to fix the problem and now when I log into my normal profile...
  6. Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem but made worse

Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem but made worse: After Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem it said my normal profile could not be loaded and then I was loading into a temp user, then I went into c:/users and deleted all the temp files, I watched a youtube video to fix the problem and now when I log into my normal profile...
  7. Windows 10 Update Temp User Problem but made worse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...: Yesterday, I was trying to share a folder with another user and inadvertently did something incorrect to my own user profile. As a result, I am now locked out of my user profile, I cannot find ANY of my files/folders they are all showing empty. Every time I log in I get the...
  9. Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...

Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...: Yesterday, I was trying to share a folder with another user and inadvertently did something incorrect to my own user profile. As a result, I am now locked out of my user profile, I cannot find ANY of my files/folders they are all showing empty. Every time I log in I get the...
  10. Locked Out of User Profile AND System Keeps Creating Temp User Profiles - I Have 10 Temp...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade