Windows 10: "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

Discus and support "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikePalmerHants, Mar 22, 2021.

1. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted 39d431f1-dd7c-4020-b45a-c8fdaa0a3a22?upload=true.jpg

There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents and Pictures folder which are all empty:

"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted 51d1955c-5935-4234-931d-162d570ce3a6?upload=true.jpg

I cannot delete the "TEMP" users:

"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted 908e4730-9796-4a31-b31f-f3f8dd74eb53?upload=true.jpg

Can anyone tell me how I can delete the "TEMP" users and tidy up her machine, please?

:)

MikePalmerHants, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Tai.S Win User

Can I delete the TEMP & Default folders that are listed as Users?

I have a question about four of the folders that appear under this pathway: This PC -> OS (C"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted :)-> Users

So within the users folder in addition to my actual computer user accounts I have a:
    TEMP, TEMP.Mary, Default, and a
    Default.migrated folder.

Note: The TEMP folders I am asking about
    are Not sub-folders of a specific user account (that is, they are
    Not found under Users -> Sally -> TEMP), they are listed as "Users" themselves.

I want to know if I can delete all four of these folders because as far as I can tell, I have no use for them, they haven't been modified within the last year, and they don't seem to be holding anything important.

I've heard that the Default.migrated folder exists for people who upgraded from a different OS to Win10, but I bought this computer once Windows 10 was already out and it had Windows 10 on it when I received it. I personally did not upgrade it to it, and
    as far as I can tell there was not a previous system like 8.1 on it, so I don't know why that folder exists at all.

So, can I safely delete all four of these folders that appear under "Users"? If not, which ones can I delete and which ones do I have to keep and why?

Tai.S, Mar 22, 2021
  3. newn Win User
    Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

4. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

Windows 10 TEMP User Deleted?

So if we still have the TEMP folder, how to we make our original User the default one so that under My PC, the document folders are original and not the TEMP ones? Do we do as others here have and delete the TEMP user in Windows File Explorer?

Thank you.

MarleneHerself, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

1. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted - Similar Threads - TEMP users Users

2. Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users: Hi All,I want to give some non-admin domain users, access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for clearing the junk/unnecessary files through the GPO using windows server 2019 or local security policies.How can I do this can anyone help me out here?...
  3. Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users: Hi All,I want to give some non-admin domain users, access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for clearing the junk/unnecessary files through the GPO using windows server 2019 or local security policies.How can I do this can anyone help me out here?...
  4. owner user / temp user

owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  5. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Customization
    owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  6. Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User: Hello,I deleted an account on my laptop using the Control Panel but the user's folder under C://Users still remains. I was able to delete all the folder's contents with the exception of a few hidden files. A different error pops up every time I try to delete the entire folder...
  7. Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User

Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User: Hello,I deleted an account on my laptop using the Control Panel but the user's folder under C://Users still remains. I was able to delete all the folder's contents with the exception of a few hidden files. A different error pops up every time I try to delete the entire folder...
  8. Cannot delete user folders for users that dont exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete user folders for users that dont exist: I have several folders under the USERS folder, but yet only have 2 user accounts set up. I have successfully been able to delete a few but some are refusing to delete saying they are in use, when they are not. The user account does not exist anymore on the PC and when I try...
  9. TEMP User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP User: I logged onto my computer this afternoon and sorry for vagueness but the desktop glitched and i was signed out. I logged back in, and everything in my desktop downloads and documents, were gone. I did some more research and my desktop is C:\Users\TEMP\Desktop. I went to...
  10. Cannot delete user or change user folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot delete user or change user folder name: My friend gave me his desktop PC and assured me it was wiped clean for a fresh start however, his name is still on the user profile folder and his image still shows in the account section. When I click the photo, the image changes but the account doesn't as it still says...