Windows 10: Temp variable

Discus and support Temp variable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Anyone know how do I adjust a temp variable? I often get this message " temp variable problems" how do I fix this problem in Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dblueeyes37, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Temp variable

Anyone know how do I adjust a temp variable? I often get this message " temp variable problems" how do I fix this problem in Windows?

:)

dblueeyes37, Sep 13, 2018
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. temp environment variable message is preventing me from working on document

temp environment variable message is preventing me from working on document in word

KarolPapagni, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Temp variable

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Temp variable

1. Temp variable - Similar Threads - Temp variable

2. Temp folder related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp folder related: I want to know a question is it safe to delete temporary files from %temp% and temporarily folder in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-related/9fd97a9b-5c9b-4603-a702-c1aa50c2bd83
  3. Temp folder related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder related: I want to know a question is it safe to delete temporary files from %temp% and temporarily folder in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-related/9fd97a9b-5c9b-4603-a702-c1aa50c2bd83
  4. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  5. what is temp environment variable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is temp environment variable?: I have started getting a message with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it saying"Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable."The variable is C:\users\new13nov2022all it has in it is something called structured query log, which I...
  6. what is temp environment variable?

what is temp environment variable?: I have started getting a message with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it saying"Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable."The variable is C:\users\new13nov2022all it has in it is something called structured query log, which I...
  7. Can Windows updates stop changing TEMP and TMP user/system variables?

Can Windows updates stop changing TEMP and TMP user/system variables?: Hi, to minimize disk space on my C drive 64Gb, I always overwrite the following variables to point to another hard disk. I also change the default locations of some folders ex: My Documents.User variables %TMP% and %TEMP%.System variables %TMP% and %TEMP%.The default...
  8. Can Windows updates stop changing TEMP and TMP user/system variables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Windows updates stop changing TEMP and TMP user/system variables?: Hi, to minimize disk space on my C drive 64Gb, I always overwrite the following variables to point to another hard disk. I also change the default locations of some folders ex: My Documents.User variables %TMP% and %TEMP%.System variables %TMP% and %TEMP%.The default...
  9. Can Windows updates stop changing TEMP and TMP user/system variables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Office 365 - WORD "temp enviroment variable"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 - WORD "temp enviroment variable": I need some help. Over the 6-8 weeks I have had, what I call a major issue with Word. I have 46 files in my Word folder and when I launch a file, edit it and try to save it I hear a "beep" and a message appears, " Word could not create work file. Check the "temp environment...