Windows 10: Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

Discus and support Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mikey89, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

Hi

So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ?

When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know too much about temperatures regarding HDD.

:)

Mikey89, Dec 7, 2019

2. Seagate 2TB External HDD

My Seagate 2T HDD external drive, files do not open. Tried 2 other laptops, it opens immediately. Both windows 10. I have also windows 10. Disk scan so no problems on laptops. Cannot get anything on my desktop computer. It stalls.

Danie du Plessis, Dec 7, 2019
  3. BharathKS Win User
    Issue with R/W of externally powered Seagate 2TB HDD with Win10

Hi,

I have an externally-powered 2TB Seagate HDD.

Since the era of Win10 began, it has started to behave badly.

Keeps continuously disconnecting and connecting.

When I try copying files, the copying-rate goes to 0MB/sec and resumes the "copy" after a minute, or so.

I must say it was bought 2 years back.

What should I do? Please help.

* Doesnt happen with Win7.

Thanks,

Bharath

BharathKS, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

Seagate 2TB External HDD

Hi,

Yes, it worked before. There is no error messages. Tried uninstalling the driver, does the same and used different usb ports plugged it into a friends laptop, it opened immediately. So, it is not the external HDD or some of the stuff on it.

My internal HDD has only about 50 Gig available. My computer is 7 years old. I7 870, 6 Gig ram. I uninstalled some programs that I thought, might cause the problem, it did not work. I am going to uninstall some games to get more space on HDD
    and see if it will work.

Thanks

D.P. du Plessis

Danie du Plessis, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

1. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ? - Similar Threads - Temperature Seagate 2TB

2. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  3. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  4. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  5. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  6. New Seagate 2TB HDD as an external drive connected via USB3 cable. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Seagate 2TB HDD as an external drive connected via USB3 cable. Windows 10: The above drive appears in the BIOS, and I think in the device manager, but NOWHERE else. I want to format the drive, and use it. It is connected to an ASUS Notebook laptop....
  7. Seagate Freeagent HDD

Seagate Freeagent HDD: I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop HDD that is not being picked up by Windows 10. I have been on to the internet several times looking up options to get over this problem but, as of now, none of these options work. I have bee to the Seagate website but again I have not...
  8. 30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible

30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible: In Windows device manager the make and model of the hard drive is visible , and I've uninstalled and installed it there and tried updating the drivers , but Windows Explorer file manager can't see it. Neither can it be seen from a boot into Paragon disk management CD. A...
  9. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  10. Windows Restore to a Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HD not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Restore to a Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HD not working: I have a Windows 10 system with 2 internal hard drives C: (250 GB) and E: (500 GB) that I use as my primary system. I also have a backup / mirror system in case I have an issue with the primary system, I use Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore...