Windows 10: Temporarily hide a drive

Discus and support Temporarily hide a drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I use UltraISO so I do occasionally use drive f but is there any way to hide it unless it has something on it? That isn't the DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ryan_S_Reddit, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Temporarily hide a drive

/u/Ryan_S_Reddit, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Temporarily hide a folder

I have some photos on an external drive that I sometimes want to access from the Photos app, but I sometimes want to hide when I'm working in the Photos app.

I know I can remove the folder from the app, then add it back, but my recollection is that when adding it back, it takes awhile to re-populate.

Is there any way to temporarily exclude a particular folder from showing up?

jdmuratore, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Temporarily hide a drive

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Temporarily hide a drive

1. Temporarily hide a drive - Similar Threads - Temporarily hide drive

2. How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage: For better context, feel free to visit Page 3 of my "Correcting An Endless 'Automatic Repair' Loop" thread. Details and screengrabs are included in the most recent posts.I would like to ask the Microsoft Community about using an external storage device in order to temporarily...
  3. How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?: Im going to a computer repair shop and going to have them take out my battery... its bloated and swollen. When i turn on my laptop, i always have to enter my bitlocker pin... then my windows password and then it goes to my screen. I will be having a repair shop open my...
  4. how do I hide the tool bar temporarily?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I hide the tool bar temporarily?: how do I hide the tool bar temporarily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-the-tool-bar-temporarily/15b071d1-ec2d-4c77-886b-2e1e43421cf2
  5. Temporarily hide a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporarily hide a folder: I have some photos on an external drive that I sometimes want to access from the Photos app, but I sometimes want to hide when I'm working in the Photos app. I know I can remove the folder from the app, then add it back, but my recollection is that when adding it back, it...
  6. Hide network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide network drive: I have a network drive mapped and I want to hide it, is it possible? 131356
  7. Hide network drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide network drive: I have a network drive mapped and I want to hide it, is it possible? 131356
  8. hide empty drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hide empty drives: Hello, I usually work with hidden files enabled, and would like to hide empty drives, but it seems my Win 10 Single Language doesn't have this feature, is this normal? *Sad 25858
  9. Network drive is hiding folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive is hiding folders: I'm transferring stuff from my wife's old computer to her new one. (She inherited her old computer from me several years ago, so I'm still a user on it). Mapped a drive to Users (\\ComputerName)(Z: ), On it are Me, Default, Default.migrated, Her and desktop.ini, nothing...
  10. Hide Specific Drives in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Specific Drives in Windows: How to: Hide Specific Drives in Windows How to Hide Specific Drives in Windows [img] Information In Windows, you can hide specified drives to have them no longer show in This PC and File Explorer without preventing access to them, or losing their assigned drive letter...