Windows 10: Temporarily turn off protection.

Discus and support Temporarily turn off protection. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChameleonQQ, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Temporarily turn off protection.

Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square. Temporarily turn off protection. 7def29c5-2514-4f6b-a8c4-bf7b40637d88?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChameleonQQ, Mar 25, 2019

2. Turning on spyware and virus protection

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Windows Defender is the default real-time (always on) protection program in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

If there are any third party security software installed, then Windows Defender will get disabled automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help:

• Open Settings by either clicking on the Settings icon on the Start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows and I keys.

• Click on Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Defender, and on the left right side, turn on.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 25, 2019
  3. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Temporarily turn off protection.

Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know in which drive the Anti-virus program is installed?

I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus program and check if you are able to enable the system protection. This is to check if the anti-virus is conflicting with the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

You can also try the below steps to enable the system protection and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

• Click on System and click System protection on the left pane.

• Highlight the drive you want to set up system protection on and click Configure.

• Select Turn on system protection.

• Move the slider to set the amount of Max Usage: space. More space allows you to create more restore points.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Temporarily turn off protection.

1. Temporarily turn off protection. - Similar Threads - Temporarily turn off

2. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?: I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to...
  3. Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 & Secure Boot - safe to turn off temporarily?: I currently have Windows 11 installed and I have Linux installed on another hard drive but can't access it due to Secure Boot. Is it safe for me to turn off secure boot temporarily so I can boot into Linux without breaking the Windows 11 install, then reenable Secure Boot to...
  4. Virus protection is turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus protection is turn off: can any one tell me why is my virus protection turn off and I don't have another virus protection installed? [Original Title: virus protion] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection-is-turn-off/14128dfb-7692-4a02-8e40-31ec772b27db
  5. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  6. Microsoft Tamper Protection Turning Off

Microsoft Tamper Protection Turning Off: Hi, For some reason my laptops tamper protection keeps randomly turning off and I can't figure out why that would be. Anybody have any explanations?...
  7. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  8. Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender

Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  9. Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  10. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926