Windows 10: temporary account

Discus and support temporary account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was logged into a temporary account quite a while ago and I was able to get out of it but I was presently logged back in so I followed all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gethinmorgan, Jun 29, 2020.

1. temporary account

I was logged into a temporary account quite a while ago and I was able to get out of it but I was presently logged back in so I followed all of the steps I was given and got out of it again and this time I made sure that everything was updated google, windows etc. but I've been put back into it for a third time now and I would like to know what's going on and why I'm being logged back into a temporary account.

:)

gethinmorgan, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 29, 2020
  3. How to change temporary account to permanent account in Windows 10.

Hello Joan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What do you mean by “temporary profile”?

• Are you logged into a temporary user profile?

If you are logged in into a temporary profile, I suggest you to reboot the PC and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open Elevated command prompt by entering
      Safe mode with Command prompt. To go to safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in at the
      Administrator account.

• Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by right clicking on the
      Start icon and select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

You can also refer to the Set up accounts on
    Windows 10.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 29, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

temporary account

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

temporary account

1. temporary account - Similar Threads - temporary account

2. I was login to temporary account so that everything I saved got erased after the shut down....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was login to temporary account so that everything I saved got erased after the shut down....: Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3930 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-login-to-temporary-account-so-that/45c77a74-c950-4f7d-bd5f-9acb67343435
  3. I was login to temporary account so that everything I saved got erased after the shut down....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was login to temporary account so that everything I saved got erased after the shut down....: Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3930 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-login-to-temporary-account-so-that/45c77a74-c950-4f7d-bd5f-9acb67343435
  4. I was login to temporary account so that everything I saved got erased after the shut down....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  6. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  7. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. There is a temporary problem with this service Microsoft Account error

in Windows 10 News
    There is a temporary problem with this service Microsoft Account error: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix the Microsoft Error – There is a temporary problem with this service. The error occurs while using various Microsoft services and applications like Outlook, Minecraft, Xbox, OneDrive, etc. Fortunately, you can follow some simple...
  9. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.: So I think there are like, layers to my issues? First of all, my taskbar is unclickable, I can't search anything, I can click icons and use the sound mixer /up arrow and stuff, but that's it. Second of all, I'm in a temporary account. I've had these issues for 7 months and...
  10. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.: So I think there are like, layers to my issues? First of all, my taskbar is unclickable, I can't search anything, I can click icons and use the sound mixer /up arrow and stuff, but that's it. Second of all, I'm in a temporary account. I've had these issues for 7 months and...