Windows 10: Temporary black screen while switching users

Discus and support Temporary black screen while switching users in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Computerabber, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Temporary black screen while switching users

Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3 with ssd or its a windows feature. Is the screen that comes up *while switching users* configurable - to something other than black would be useful? Cheers.

:)

Computerabber, Feb 6, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Temporary Black Screen, then no problem

@wolf2009: No, Loading screen not disabled. Would that have any effect on the 3 temporary black screens after windows loads? I'll give it a try tonight though.

@tigger69: I think I might have another AGP card to try. Do you think it could be the video card, as after about 5 minutes, everything is ok. If I can dig an old 6800GT out of storage tonight, I'll try it.

Thanks for some suggestions both of you.

rtwjunkie, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Black screen while switching user account.

Hello Raider,

As per the query, while switching the users in your PC ends with black screen. And it even persists after a restart.

- What is the make and model of your computer ?

We recommend you to refer the steps Black screen and not signed in to Windows” in the below article to fix the black screen issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Temporary black screen while switching users

Can't switch between users on Windows 10 gets black screen upon switching users

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To isolate this issue, I suggest you to create another user account and try to switch between your current user account and the new use account and check if you are facing the same issue.

You can refer to the link below for more information on how to create new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
    Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If you are still getting the black screen error while switching between users, Kindly try the steps given in the following link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Temporary black screen while switching users

1. Temporary black screen while switching users - Similar Threads - Temporary black screen

2. Temporary black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary black screen on startup: Every time I boot my pc, I get a flash of a black screen for about 3 seconds exactly when the windows startup chime is. It is annoying to say th eleast but I think this might be leading to a bigger software/hardware problem....
  3. Temporary black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary black screen on startup: Every time I boot my pc, I get a flash of a black screen for about 3 seconds exactly when the windows startup chime is. It is annoying to say th eleast but I think this might be leading to a bigger software/hardware problem....
  4. black screen with cursor after switching user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    black screen with cursor after switching user: When I try to switch to my signed in user account, I get a black screen with a cursor. I am unable to bring up task manager and have to hard reset. This has been happening since the last update. Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Black Screen while switch on the laptop windows 10

Black Screen while switch on the laptop windows 10: After updating 2004 when ever start the laptop after the Thoshibha logo black screen will appear about 2min and come for sign in page and taking more time for sign in and how to rectify this. please inform my system is now upto date....
  6. Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10: I recently starting getting a "frozen" black screen when changing users - Windows 10. I have to do a hard shut down to restart the computer. I've checked both the display adapter and monitor drivers in device manager which did not need updating as suggested on other posts....
  7. temporary black screen while windows creds box pops up

in Windows 10 Support
    temporary black screen while windows creds box pops up: Has anybody experienced a black screen for almost a minute whenever you trigger anything that needs admin creds? It doesn't happen consistently but I am noticing it happen on both the 1803 and the 1809 builds. Its more of an annoyance than anything and it just seems like the...
  8. Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem

Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem: After entering the system for the first time, operate quickly: for example, create a local user and a network user, or Microsoft account, and then switch users. Low probability of encountering black screen in the process of switching users. From the current analysis of...
  9. Black Screen for temporary moments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for temporary moments: I don't know why but this have been happening for a few times, during my playing time or social websites, the screen start intermittently going black... I wish you could help me fixing this....
  10. PC switched me to a temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC switched me to a temporary user profile: I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and everything has been fine up to now. However, last night when I turned on my pc, everything froze completely and I had to manually power off. After I started the pc back up, I was switched over to a temporary user profile. I have no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary black screen when changing volume