Windows 10: Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation

Discus and support Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I often install Windows in a VM on VMware Workstation to do some temporary testing. These machines are typically in use for a day or two, then deleted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hsehestedt, May 6, 2019.

1. Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation

I often install Windows in a VM on VMware Workstation to do some temporary testing. These machines are typically in use for a day or two, then deleted. Because I only use these a few days, I don't activate. If I had to activate every VM then I would have to activate probably 20 VMs a month.

I have always known that when installing Windows in a VM, or even on a physical machine, if I simply make sure that that the machine has no internet connectivity, then after Windows is installed, you will be able to set all personalization settings without any problem. Once personalized, establish internet connectivity. Now you will see that any further personalization is no longer possible but the settings you made prior to getting an internet connection will remain.

However, since VMware Workstation currently has problems running on top of Windows 10 1903, I have been forced to use Hyper-V for now. I notice that the personalization prior to getting network access does not work on Hyper-V. When Windows is installed, even with networking completely disabled, personalization is not possible. Anyone have any ideas regarding this?

This is by no means a critical issue, it's simply nice to have a few customizations while I perform my testing and I'm simply curious about what may be causing the difference in behavior.

:)

hsehestedt, May 6, 2019

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 6, 2019
  3. Changing personal settings to another in Windows 10

Hi Metso,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you changing the personal account.

I would suggest you to create a new user account, sign-in using your sister Microsoft account and delete your user account.

To create new user account follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and Sign in using Microsoft account.
    To remove your user account follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on your user account and click on Remove button.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 6, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation

1. Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation - Similar Threads - Temporary Change Personalization

2. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  3. Activate Windows 10 after temporary hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 after temporary hardware change: Yes, the reason why I'm activating windows is because of hardware change. Recently my original motherboard that had windows 10 installed is damaged so I had to return it to the service center so right now I'm using a different motherboard, once I get back my original...
  4. Personalized Settings

Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  5. How to set themes without activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set themes without activation: Currently, I have searched the web that how to set themes for un-activated windows... None of them worked, solutions would be greatly appreciated. P.S: There is some problem with windows and it was not being activated, I called support and they said that I have to buy a new...
  6. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  7. Window 10 wallpaper changes (Personal Setting)

Window 10 wallpaper changes (Personal Setting): I was changing my wallpaper under the personal setting on system At first the category "pause for 7 days" was checked, I thought I changed It. I now have 8 download that show start or pending that are not downloading. Help!!!!! Kelley...
  8. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...
  9. Settings: Change active hours

Settings: Change active hours: W10 will not let me set end of active hours to more than 11pm same day. Trying for 6AM to 12am (midnight). Smithurmann Winchester Mass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-change-active-hours/af381423-ced8-41bb-93ce-4e5a0240435b
  10. Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation

Temporary Change of Personalization Settings Without Activation: I often install Windows in a VM on VMware Workstation to do some temporary testing. These machines are typically in use for a day or two, then deleted. Because I only use these a few days, I don't activate. If I had to activate every VM then I would have to activate probably...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit personalization settings without activating windows10